JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Galaxy 10.1 tablet

I download my Watchtower Study to Mantano Reader. Once you get the hang of it, I personally think its the best to use with Epub. and you get 5 different colors to mark with. :wub:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I use Adobe reader..it has many colors for highlighting and even white if you want to edit an article and save to your gallery with "screensaver" that comes on the tablet..then you can post later as a photo!..you can also underline and type notes...of course you need wifi to post..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

• 1 month later...

That's about what I paid + shipping. I got a refurbished one. You can get it for that price on ebay and then when you pay for it with PayPal they will ask if you want to sign up for "bill pay" which is good because you have 6 mos to pay and no interest. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

With the samsung galaxy note 10.1, does anyone think it advantageous to get the 4g connectability and wi-fi verses just the wi-fi or is it not really needed?

I don't think it is worth paying extra for the 4G version as well as paying whatever your cell carrier will charge you a month to add it to your plan. Whenever I want to connect to the Internet when I don't have WiFi available, I just turn on the "Mobile hotspot" app on my phone and connect my Galaxy Note tablet to that. I'm already paying for the data so there is no charge. I did it last night at the meeting and looked at the children's area on jw.org during that part of the Service meeting. It worked great!

Thanks Chuck! I kinda thought it might connect via my cell phone. It am fighting the urge to take the plunge as we have 3 computers and 2 notebooks at home and I really like paper. Problem is if I get one for myself then I have to get one for my wife and then I have to get one for my son and that's a 1,000 bucks out the window only to be outdated this time next month. Some times it pays to be a dinosaur tech wise. Brothers are starting to use just their tablets in service now with good results so that is another reason to consider it.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Thanks Chuck! I kinda thought it might connect via my cell phone. It am fighting the urge to take the plunge as we have 3 computers and 2 notebooks at home and I really like paper. Problem is if I get one for myself then I have to get one for my wife and then I have to get one for my son and that's a 1,000 bucks out the window only to be outdated this time next month. Some times it pays to be a dinosaur tech wise. Brothers are starting to use just their tablets in service now with good results so that is another reason to consider it.

One per family -unless they pay for it out of their ( read- not family ) pocket. :exclamation:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I was told at the meeting that we will have broadband at the hall 1st November.

Just found out last night after the last part on the kingdom ministry we have broadband at our hall.....not bad.And wow everybody makes tablets these days even small brands i bought to tablets throgh walmart 60 dollars a piece they are generic andriod tablets but since im only using it in relation to spritual duties its all i need .