JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Satellite Will Fall to Earth, but No One Is Sure Where

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3827 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Pick a direction and then run for your lives!

A European satellite that mapped Earth’s gravitational field in exquisite detail will be pulled down by gravity to its fiery destruction sometime in the next few days.

Where and when it will crash no one knows. It could be almost anywhere on the globe. About 25 to 45 fragments of the one-ton spacecraft are expected to survive all the way to the surface, with the largest perhaps weighing 200 pounds.

Read more here:

I will keep an eye in the sky - thanks for the warning.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Linda, r you near Porto Torres? 

We're about 87 miles (140km) south east. Have you been to Porto Torres? Or do you know someone there? Or are you going there, perhaps??  :)

Use your ears to gain understanding and your tongue to heal. -w13 5/15 p. 22

We're about 87 miles (140km) south east. Have you been to Porto Torres? Or do you know someone there? Or are you going there, perhaps??  :)

I have a 3rd cousin who lives near the Port.  I have been witnessing to her for the past 10 years, but she never took hold of the truth. One reason was because she was taking care of her husband who had severe Parkinson's, and he took up all  her time.  She never left the home, except when she took him to see his doctors, and had a friend come and go pick up her groceries.  I went to Italy in 05, and took a boat to Sardinia, stayed at a hotel in town.  I really loved the beaches, the water did wonder's for my legs since I traveled there with my handicap.  I enjoyed visiting with her and her husband, at that time he could still speak a little.    When I had the time to witness to her while there, she said she liked what she heard but couldn't make the time for someone to stop by.  Her husband took all her time, since she was the only one there that took care of him.  He passed away last year and after being a recluse for 12 years, she has finally decided to venture out of her home.  But not for long periods of time.  She just called us (my mother and I) two weeks ago and said she was going to go to Genoa for a month or two.   She is a staunch Catholic, really loves her new Pope!   I really felt she was someone who needed Jehovah more then anything else.  She lives in one of many secure buildings, her window can overlook part of the sea in Porto Torres.  I would say she is about 5 blocks from the Old Tower that is standing near the port.  I loved it, my mother said that her grandfather used to sit on those old steps and sell water to the sailors who would come and brong supplies to Porto Torres.   The Tower is still there.   My great, great, great grandparents and beyond, are buried (some) near that Church San Gavino, where on the church property there still stands my mother's grandparents house and stables.    My mother's and her family came from Porto Torres, Sardinia.    While I was there in 05, I was looking for a Kingdom Hall.  But I only stayed 3 days, and I wanted to see part of the island and visit with my 3rd cousin.  It was the only time that she came out of the house and walked with us along the boardwalk with her hubby in his wheelchair.  I think that was the best day he ever had!   Am longing to see him in the resurrection, he was such a gentle and kind soul.