JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Table in the GB meeting room

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3950 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Today I had my SAD and the Branch brother that gave the last talk, in relation to the topic on reforming ourselves, mentioned that someone once noticed an old oval table ready to go the trash... This person noticed that the type of wood on this table was very special and unique, indeed it had very good acoustic characteristics! So this table was saved and restored. After this restoration it was valued at $40,000!

Finally it ended up in the GB meeting room where it is till now...

Anybody heard this before?

Can anybody paste in a picture?

This is from that Dec Watchtower - tough to see clearly in black and white.

DOC.PDF

post-272-0-46883000-1384876600.jpg

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Didn't we have a recent video where they were sitting and talking about the cover an Awake! with a kid holding an apple? And one says, I like that one - its like he is asking "do you want a bite?" Or something like that. I thought they were at this table.

Edit - or old one "JWs the org behind the name"

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Didn't we have a recent video where they were sitting and talking about the cover an Awake! with a kid holding an apple? And one says, I like that one - its like he is asking "do you want a bite?" Or something like that. I thought they were at this table.

Edit - or old one "JWs the org behind the name"

I remember that scene in the original video, released October 6, 1990 (w92 10/1 30). That was a VCR tape, and I never had a VCR, so I never had a personal copy of the tape. But I remember the GB was discussing the photo to be used on the cover of the magazine. I can't remember the size of the table though, or if the table was visible.

I remember that scene in the original video, released October 6, 1990 (w92 10/1 30). That was a VCR tape, and I never had a VCR, so I never had a personal copy of the tape. But I remember the GB was discussing the photo to be used on the cover of the magazine. I can't remember the size of the table though, or if the table was visible.

I remember this also... Isn't there a dvd version of this video?

Oh wow! Thanks Jerry! That is some kind of table! I was thinking much smaller.

The GB have meetings with brothers who are not of the GB.  Members of various committees and stuff are often in that room with the GB.  Smaller table would not work.

Come to think of it, I think you're right. I don't have a copy of that video cassette to look at, but I seem to recall it was some other group of brothers discussing the photo.

I think I remember brother Lyman Swingel and Theodore Jaracz on that scene... I have the tape somewhere... But not a working VCR player

Thinking of it I would love to review it again, maybe someone has a converted digital copy of it?