JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sister murdered in Mexico.......

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3763 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I got a call this afternoon from an Elders wife, informing me that a Sister had been murdered. I am out of town and just now stopped for the night and am looking for any info on this.

This is a bit close to home, her dad and I are pretty close, same Service group and her other sisters also go to our Congregation.

I have no other info, but if anyone hears anything please pass it along.....

Love you guys, but I sure hate this place.......prayers for Gods Kingdom, and for Jesse and Pattie and all the rest of our Family........

So sorry to hear this! I really appreciate having come to know Jehovah at times like this...Satan is like a sniper...if he can't destroy

us as a group (and he can't) then he tries to take us out one at a time! Each time he causes this it turns out to be a test for our

faith and trust in Jehovah, and if we have remained close to him and his organization, our faith is strengthened..proving Satan

a liar..also, many in the community see our loyalty and love to Jehovah and our friends..encouraging some to take our side with

Jehovah! Still, we must suffer emotionally and we all need each other's prayers to get thru the mine field of Satan's system..post-2322-0-29332700-1386338370_thumb.jp

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

• 3 weeks later...

It was a whole family. The family of eight that was stabbed to death in the northern Mexico border city of Ciudad Juarez may have known their killers, according to Chihuahua officials.

No signs of forced entry into the house have been found and the knife used for the murder was allegedly from the kitchen, state prosecutor Enrique Villareal said at a news conference.

Other reports indicate that some of the adults were killed with a machete.

The victims, who included two 4-year-olds (Abril Romero and Valeria Lara Castañeda) and a 6-year-old (Daniel Romero Castañeda), were found with tape over their mouths and their hands tied. The oldest, named as María del Carmen Morales Infante, was aged 60.

In total two men, three women and three children were slaughtered. A three-month-old girl in the house was found alive.

Enrique Serrano, mayor of the city, said: "We deeply reject this act and hope to have results soon". He offered a reward of almost $25,000 for information leading to the arrest.

The family of eight that was stabbed to death in the northern Mexico border city of Ciudad Juarez may have known their killers, according to Chihuahua officials.

No signs of forced entry into the house have been found and the knife used for the murder was allegedly from the kitchen, state prosecutor Enrique Villareal said at a news conference.

Other reports indicate that some of the adults were killed with a machete.

The victims, who included two 4-year-olds (Abril Romero and Valeria Lara Castañeda) and a 6-year-old (Daniel Romero Castañeda), were found with tape over their mouths and their hands tied. The oldest, named as María del Carmen Morales Infante, was aged 60.

In total two men, three women and three children were slaughtered. A three-month-old girl in the house was found alive.

Enrique Serrano, mayor of the city, said: "We deeply reject this act and hope to have results soon". He offered a reward of almost $25,000 for information leading to the arrest.

Authorities are focusing on potential robbery or family dispute motivesf for the macabre killing, and have rejected any links to organised crime.

One of the victims, Maximo Martin Romero Sánchez - nicknamed Max - aged 27, sold used cars at his home and may have had cash with him at the time of the killing.

Officials said they were questioning two people but did not give further indications.

The eight were found on Sunday morning after they did not attend a Jehovah's Witness meeting and congregation members became concerned.

Ciudad Juarez, across the border from El Paso in Texas, was considered the world's most violent city due to a bloody war among drug cartels.

Such a tragedy!  Since we have the truth it is in some ways easier but still Death is the enemy, and my heart goes out to all who know and loved this family.  Prayers that they will all rely on Jehovah to get through this.  So sad, sad, sad!