JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Latest Weather Map! Where do you live?

Sooooo aggravated!  Drove down yesterday for hospital orientation today and tomorrow.  Got hotel room and paid for two nights.  Even remembered to bring my swim suit since the pool is indoors and heated!  Get text message that orientation is off today because of the cold.  Not snow. Not ice. Cold.  It is -17 here and breaking records over 100 years old. 

Try to make the best of it.  The pool is supposedly heated but it is in a "sun" room  totally windows where you can feel the freezing air coming in.  I think there is a layer or ice across the top of the water.  Should have brought ice skates instead.  Went back to the room ---so here I am!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I can relate to the 'pool' incident Leslie!

I was in Halifax one winter, staying at a high rise hotel - with a pool that extended outside, as well as being inside.

So I went for a swim one night - and there was a blizzard going on.

I swam under the partition and out into the storm.

SO cool - oh, yeah - literally cool too!

I swam around and floated on my back and let the snow fall on me.

Then I noticed people were watching from their balconies !! LOLOL

I figured I'd leave - too cold to be standing out there in a storm !

Well, for a change, we are warmer than most of you. We have had beautiful sunny days, a little snow yesterday but no wind here at Fairbanks. That is not true for other places in AK. Our temps are in the 20s some days up to nearly 30 degrees. That having been said, we have a long way to go 'til spring!! 

i hope you stay warm sister karin. its not pleasant to be cold. here in western ma near vt & ny border its about 12 degrees and is colder because of the wind. expected to drop to 9/7 degrees by morning brrrr

Edited by SeedSower

• 2 weeks later...