JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Recognition in Monterrey Mexico.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3619 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I used Google translate, not sure if this will help :

* regios de fe = royal faith

* regalan esperanza = hope they give

* testigos de jehova obsequian libros para fomentar la lectura y los valores, en puntos de la ciudad y en mercaditos = jehovahs witnesses given away books to encourage reading and values ​​in parts of the city and in small markets

ALSO at the top it says El Sol Which translates Sun, so is it Sun magazine? ^_^

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Yes Natasha, I think you are right. The newspaper is "El Sol" and the translations are pretty much correct. I asked my husband what "Regios de fe" means and he said it can be two things, "Regios" are what they call people from Monterrey, so it can be either "people from Monterrey with faith" or regio can also mean people with strong conviction, so it can also give the idea of "people with strong conviction and faith".

I wish I could help more. There was no way to zoom in any further, and the sister that posted it over on Google Plus didn't say anything more. I just thought it was neat to see a 2 page article featuring our witnessing work.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

My daughter who is in the spanish congregation, I sent the pic to her in email to translate the headlines,

she says this has been circulating for about a month, the Newspaper date is from Dec 2013.

She won't translate it for me because she is against me for being on this site. 

I think things are even stricter in the american spanish congregation and br. and sis feel that ones should not belong to any internet site, only jw.org. 

My  own daughter is very adamant and puts me down as if I am spiritually lost because I am on this site. 

I am about ready to tell her to watch the prodigal son returns interview and pay close attention to what the older brother has to say on it. 

Sorry frustrated. 

My daughter who is in the spanish congregation, I sent the pic to her in email to translate the headlines,

she says this has been circulating for about a month, the Newspaper date is from Dec 2013.

I think things are even stricter in the american spanish congregation and br. and sis feel that ones should not belong to any internet site, only jw.org. 

My  own daughter is very adamant and puts me down as if I am spiritually lost because I am on this site. 

I am about ready to tell her to watch the prodigal son returns interview and pay close attention to what the older brother has to say on it. 

Sorry frustrated. 

I'm sorry she feels that way.  I've gotten looks from some people when I mention this wonderfully upbuilding site, even when I say how well-moderated it is.  I think Jehovah gave us each a brain to think things through.  The Slave has always told us to be careful when it comes to the internet, however, I have yet to hear that Jehovah's people must get off of everything apart from jw.org.  Jehovah allows us to use our Bible-trained conscience in these matters.  We are not to be the masters over other people's faith, especially when we don't know what we're criticizing!

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

• 3 weeks later...

I too, have gotten some negative attitudes when I share upbuilding things from this sight. It's ironic that it comes across like the judgement people cast on us because of being Jehovah's Witnesses. Out of ignorance they condemn our participation in this JW website that isn't THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE. Granted, the branch has warned about unacceptable activity on the internet, and caution is justifiably advised, and apoatate sites are many. On the otherhand, the branch has yet to restrict all but THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE. Still, as with the internet and tablets, ones choose to err on the side of caution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

"Regalan Esperanza" actually caries the connotation closer to, "they give the gift of hope". If one were to desire the phrase, "they give hope", it would say ,"Dan Esperanza". In spanish, "regalo" is a gift. By transposing the last vowel with the letters "an" it becomes present tense - accusatory. Literally, "they are gifting hope".

My daughter ...

.... br. and sis feel that ones should not belong to any internet site, only jw.org.

My own daughter is very adamant and puts me down as if I am spiritually lost ...

Sorry frustrated.

I have decided to be upbuilding to these judgemental ones and not feed their apparent need to be righteousness over much. I'll be careful whom I share the source of information. It is sad, but I have to act as if JWTALK.NET is under ban. I think of them as net-ophobic.

You brothers and sisters are not alone here. My mom tells me to leave that site alone, I have even so far as presented the site to her and she remarks on the good information but to still leave that site alone. I heed her words to a degree. I share with her any new, fun, or interesting item but don't mention the source. One sister wanted to know how I knew about the Russian descision and I'm like some of the Friends told me and leave it at that. I am very cautious about what I say and what I post especially when the posts are public like this one we responded to. I never click on links that disparage the Friends even if it is a link that a trusted brother or sister sent to us in good faith. So really with everything use strict caution. I don't post pictures or an exact location... there is enough of me already exposed... my finger prints are already in the national data base ( and not because I knocked off that bank in '09 either) the nature of my work has all of me. I continue to believe that towards the end these posts will be used against us. 

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

what is frustrating is when I developed Osteo-Necrosis of the hip, I was on an osteonecrosis group website to find answers and hopefully solutions and that was ok with my daughter and those were non-witnesses. doesn't make any sense.

Clealy, she loves you and would prefer to see you post Armageddon, which would not happen if you were collaborating with apostates. With all the bad press about the internet and its hazzards, I can see where she would prefer you err on the side of caution. After all, worldliness is preferred over apostasy and the branch has not given its stamp of approval to jwtalk.net. We know Satan's tricks and how deceitful he is. I think she fears for you with hyperbolic ignorance.

I know she means well, I should say "they" mean well, all my kids, but they are at that age where they are adults and have lived a little bit of life but haven't really been tested. I have been baptized and active as long as they have been alive. Just frustrating getting old(er) and having your kids look at you as if you are feeble or incapable of making good decisions due to age and health. 

• 3 months later...

Yup I will no longer send links to things on this site. Too many are to the extreme of what the GB warns us about. Its a warning not a ban. THey don't seam to get past that at all. They are myopic at best.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Well, this site. I am geographically isolated from my congregation. I travel 45 minutes to the hall. One way. I used to be on the verge of depression and a bit bitter over it. No more. I am reminded of things I need to do spiritually to keep myself healthy. Here. And I have done better. Because of this site.

My situation with the congregation has improved. I am part of a little car pool. So, I do get association there.

The things that are discussed here, before the fact, I simply keep to myself, no matter how wonderful the information is. If it bothered my conscious, I would be gone. Can something be wrong when you have come to love ones dearly here? Yes, I am one of those who have been through enough in my life to know a good thing!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!