JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Uganda: Pablo - a Visit By Jehovah's Tireless Witnesses

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3723 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

No matter where you live, a Jehovah's Witnesses will find your house and knock at your door.

They know the city more than water and electricity installers. I have never seen believers who are committed to their calling like Jehovah's Witnesses. Two of them paid me a visit on a Saturday morning.

At first, I thought they were house brokers looking for business since there are many newly-furnished houses in the area. I thought so because one of them began by saying that they had identified a house for me that is rent-free and all expenses paid for eternity.

That is when his colleague pulled out the Bible and quoted several verses, reminding me that I'm a sinner who needs safe refuge. I stubbornly engaged them in a theological debate and was wowed by their immense biblical knowledge.

They never ran out of freebies, especially Awake magazines that have some of the best pictures I have seen depicting what paradise looks like. My favourite picture was that of a boy sharing an apple with a lion. My drunk neighbour couldn't believe that a lion could settle for fruits with meat lying in front of it.

Several political thoughts ran through my mind as I chatted with my guests. What would this country be like if public servants were committed to their vocation like Jehovah's Witnesses? There wouldn't be need for a Public Accounts committee in Parliament. This would save a lot of time, tea and doughnuts that are consumed in those meetings.

Deadlines, formalities and bureaucracy would be history in civil service. I have never seen a person who keeps time like a Jehovah's Witness. Try giving them an appointment and they will prove to you that punctuality has never been a mortal sin.

The private sector too which is full of kickbacks and obscene commissions would be fair ground to trade if the players adopted just half the principles of a Jehovah's Witness.

I might not be well-versed with their doctrine but what stood out for me were their commitment, honesty and selflessness. These and many other thoughts kept colliding in my head.

If I were to judge the book by its cover, my guests looked like people from well-to-do families. They were very eloquent and articulate while responding to some of my weird opinions.

Their humility was beyond my understanding. What was meant to be a courtesy call, ended up being a think-tank or symposium of sorts on theology that lasted for three hours.

They seemed disappointed though after the long conversation when I told them that I had already accepted Christ as my personal saviour. It is not fun preaching to the converted.

I suppose I will move house soon but I am very optimistic they will find me.

this was in a east African news post. is it not nice to read things like this I ran across this and thought some one might like to o read it.

this was in a east African news post. is it not nice to read things like this I ran across this and thought some one might like to o read it.

Thanks for posting. Please post a link to this news item.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25