JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Rain-rain go away!

I can agree with that comment. My driveway was just strting to recover from the last mud-bogging damage when the non-stop rain started back up.

Besides, since I work outside, it is hard to work in the rain!

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I'll take your rain andwarm temperatures if you take our cold and snow. Supposed to be a cold week here with temps sub zero F. Darn groundhog- where's my gun, oopps, don' have one. Grŕrr

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

No thanks on the snow and ice! I had enough of that when I lived in Ohio, and Pittsburgh PA. Florida is just a huge swamp. Of course, I won't mention that to any native Floridians. I tell friends and family not to visit between June and September. No fun standing in lines at Disney in that heat!   

There's more to do in Florida then Disney .... with the second longest amount of coastline in the US (only Alaska has more) - not to mention the number of fresh water lakes and springs - there is plenty if swimming and fishing to be done.

Then, there are the miles of nature trails and a number of camping sites.

I will agree, it is ht in Florida during the summer, but, have you ever been in Iowa during the summer?

I agree there is more to do in Florida than Disney! Just have to do things outdoors in the cooler months. I would love to jet ski here, but I have to get over my fear of the gators and sharks! Been working on that!

Don't forget the burmese pythons, and the venomous snakes! I heard about reptiles escaping from a quarantine place during a tropical storm and that cobras and mambas are now in Florida!

I'll stick to UK. We only have a false black widow (stings but not deadly -and that is an import) and our own viper, the adder. Even that is not a major threat except to ones who are already ill, or young children.

I live next door to the Julingon Preserve a 2100 acrea protected swamp and wetland and we have snakes coming through our paths all the time. Had a Black Racer up by my front door one evening. For some reason I am not afraid of snakes. Its the gators and sharks I am worried about!

well spoke too soon, we are going to have 5 inches of rain between Friday and Saturday , woohooo, thanks for sending it

Mudslides, flash floods, idiots hydroplaning because they don't know how to drive in the rain, yup you can keep it too. :scared:   "It never rains in southern California, but it pours " :whistling: Been there, driven to Ontario airport in rain by nephew -who hydroplaned, then very bumpy ride up to 30,000' in plane. :drool:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Wish you would have kept that rain we sent you .... it rained again here, now I have to use the tractor to get to where I have to leave the truck because even mud-bogging is not working to get down the driveway.

It's raining :eek:  AGAIN!

:o:wacko::crying::scared::nope:  :cry:  

My driveway doesn't need any more MUD added to it. :wall::no:

That's funny, my friend in Baymeadows Congregation also has CO this week.

Edited by Qapla