JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Things that keep me awake. ..,

That's what I thought too!! But I knew what you meant! 

Sometimes ones will ask me how I found a certain employee, I answer "if they get out of the car without beer cans falling on the ground and if they have their own teeth". What is this world coming too??

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

That's funny. Tooth fairy? True, missing teeth seems to be a problem for the meth addicts. But I strongly suspect when they reach under their pillow, it is not proceeds from the tooth fairy the find! Their teeth do not get pulled. They do a vanishing act, very, S-l-o-w-l-y. By the time teeth are gone, oh well, not a problem.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I guess this was meant in jest, but meth addiction is very sad.  Ever watch a show like Intervention?  Many are trying to escape trauma and they'll do anything for their next fix to escape.  Hooking on the street, stealing (recently knew a young JW couple that were broken into by an addict), and lots of broken families that enable them.  They take broken lives and completely destroy them on that drug.

Believe me when I say I KNOW that any addiction is serious and devastating. I have lived and continue to live with addiction EVERY DAY of my life. You could even go as far to say that I am addicted to the person(husband) I live with.

He is the text book example of an addictive personality. He gains control over one and it switches to another. Alcohol. Food. Gambling. Prescription RX. Street RX. Back to Perscription. Soda. Candy bars. Cigarettes. Fortunately he has retained all his teeth. :-). And has a great complexion to boot!

The area we live is perfect for meth heads. Rural so they can make their meth labs out in the sticks. Came across many when out in service. Poor job prospects for people of limited education.

I apologize if I seemed cold hearted. You have no idea of my living circumstances now. And it has nothing to do with my husband. In fact, he is my best support system right now--at least in visible form! So I took something that bothers me deeply and I made a joke out of it. I am so frustrated with Peoria you try and help numerous times and they take advantage and continue to lie and make excuses. I really have run out of steam and it is hard to muster up in empathy and certainly no sympathy for them. They reap what they sow.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

We had a meth lab blow up in the field next door to us. Maybe 1/8 th of a mile away. Everyone around here have ozy's or however you spell it, spell check said floozy but that's the other thing they have. During the night they practice with them. THAT keeps me awake.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

A young woman came into the bar several years ago to apply for a job. When she walked up to me and said she wanted to apply I felt so sorry for her. I thought she had Tourette's. She was doing the hair toss and facial grimaces then would throw a shoulder twitch in every now and then. Plus was missing some pretty important teeth. I went to my husband to retrieve him from the the back where he was working inventory. All I said was someone wants to see you about the bartender position. He walked up to the front bar and mouthed 'where is she?' And I pointed to her setting at a round table with her back to him. As he approached she turned around and he just kept walking. I got upset and said go talk to her. He then went and said sorry the position had been filled.

After she left he told me I had to use common sense and why did I put him on the spot like that. That was really my first lesson in screening for help. If someone has few teeth? No. If someone is twitching? No. Bad complexion? No. Poor hygiene? No. He said this is our livelihood and he does not care if he is not helping the economy by hiring the likes if such. Anyone that looks like they may be jar boring an addictionhus feelings are they will steal the money because it is such an easy opportunity with mostly cash sales. Besides he does not want to offend our customers by hiring people who look questionable.

I do understand what he means. It is a tough world out there. Some people ask for the treatment they receive .

LeslieDean

We had a meth lab blow up in the field next door to us. Maybe 1/8 th of a mile away. Everyone around here have ozy's or however you spell it, spell check said floozy but that's the other thing they have. During the night they practice with them. THAT keeps me awake.[/quote

Ewwww! Uzzies and floozies! That just sounds like a doozie!

LeslieDean

We had a meth lab blow up in the field next door to us. Maybe 1/8 th of a mile away. Everyone around here have ozy's or however you spell it, spell check said floozy but that's the other thing they have. During the night they practice with them. THAT keeps me awake.

I meant the guns, not the other distraction. :o

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Ewwww! Uzzies and floozies! That just sounds like a doozie!

Leslie, I need you to know that I try really hard to not push "like" every time you make a funny comment. It kinda makes me feel like I'm "like" stalking you!   :ph34r:

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34