JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Resurrection Movie drama Sunday Nights

I hope this is post in the right section for topic of discussion.  I search the board to see if

anyone had post on it!  I know that there will be some out there that will ask opinions on

this movie...Someone ask me what I thought about it!  It aired Sunday and just had no 

interest in watching?  Any thoughts!

The new drama “Resurrection” could prove to be just that for ABC’s Sunday night ratings

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/resurrection-surprise-ratings-hit-abc-article-1.1716903#ixzz2vfaaiumO

oh oh!  I am thinking this should be move to movies, and tv?  please move!~ Sorry!!!

Edited by CyreJay

I'm in Australia and we have not seen it here yet. But it really interests me. My family is divided as to if we will watch it or not. Some say it looks demonic others think it's an interesting story line. I'm interested to see what you all have to say

I haven't watched it. The one thing that caught my attention in the commercials for it was when one character says 'but what if he's not the same?' And immediately I thought that this is likely not the kind of resurrection the bible speaks of. I don't know if we'll watch it.

I watched it, sort of didn't make much sense to me.  Kinda of weird.  The world always twists things that are found in the scriptures.  People resurrected in the same imperfect state they died in, no paradise in this show whatsoever.  People are happy for a moment and then what?  Something not right with this show. 

Edited by allabord4jah

I'm in Australia and we have not seen it here yet. But it really interests me. My family is divided as to if we will watch it or not. Some say it looks demonic others think it's an interesting story line. I'm interested to see what you all have to say

Do you know when is coming to Australia ? I will watch first episode to see if is worth it ;) I don't have high expectations ... "live" ressurection in Paradise will be far more interesting !

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I haven't watched it. The one thing that caught my attention in the commercials for it was when one character says 'but what if he's not the same?' And immediately I thought that this is likely not the kind of resurrection the bible speaks of. I don't know if we'll watch it.

I had the same reaction - I did not want to watch for thinking of the biblical resurrection.  My daughter who is in the truth informed me of the movie - and I immediately said "I would not be watching."  I just wanted to know what others thought of it as well.  Now...I am a tad curious...it is amazing how some people will view this and say "ok perhaps - and yes this could happen."  BUT!!! when we go to them with what the bible states clearly...you get responses liken to "Do you actually truly believe this could happen?"  Sounds like a "pipe dream" to me!!! 

My thoughts took me back to my nephews reply to me about the biblical resurrection some time ago! His reply to me at that was "Do you really think that could happen Auntie?"  in a manner like...my poor auntie :huh:

I guess that is initially when my daughter ask me without hesitancy my reply was "NO I would NOT be watching."  Well...I may rethink my view on it!  Not certain!  I want to be able to make some replies to anyone that may observed the movie...still do not know though!

What strikes me about these shows with Biblical themes and backgrounds is how Satan takes a small portion of truth in Gods word and inserts his own warped way of looking at things so that people get a distorted view of the real true ........ Just makes you wonder what satan will come up with next to keep the masses off balance.

I like Resurrection so far.  There's so much trash on tv nowadays, that it's refreshing to watch a show where people are talking about God and showing faith in him.  It doesn't matter to me if some of the things on this particular show are Biblically inaccurate because it's just a tv show.  It's not real.  Most religions don't even teach that there's going to be a Resurrection here on earth.  Hopefully it will make some viewers want to know more about the Resurrection.

I had the same reaction - I did not want to watch for thinking of the biblical resurrection. My daughter who is in the truth informed me of the movie - and I immediately said "I would not be watching." I just wanted to know what others thought of it as well. Now...I am a tad curious...it is amazing how some people will view this and say "ok perhaps - and yes this could happen." BUT!!! when we go to them with what the bible states clearly...you get responses liken to "Do you actually truly believe this could happen?" Sounds like a "pipe dream" to me!!!

My thoughts took me back to my nephews reply to me about the biblical resurrection some time ago! His reply to me at that was "Do you really think that could happen Auntie?" in a manner like...my poor auntie :huh:

I guess that is initially when my daughter ask me without hesitancy my reply was "NO I would NOT be watching." Well...I may rethink my view on it! Not certain! I want to be able to make some replies to anyone that may observed the movie...still do not know though!

I did choose to watch the show but for that very reason what if someone in the ministry asked us about it and we can correct the misperception that people will be resurrected to this imperfect world and redirect them to yes there will be a resurrection in the paradise not this ugly old world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My personal opinion is that as stated above, Satan uses a theme that is Biblical and then fills it full of demonic weirdness and violence..these episodes remind me of "curiosity killed the cat",,, I think I will just remain a kitten...and shun what Jehovah hates...violence! We started to watch it and saw how weird it was..so changed the channel..later while trying to find something else like the news, he got that station and there was the man going after the other one with a HAMMER!!!...I only said this as a warning..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

It makes me think "12 Like an advertiser, Satan promotes his ideas by putting them in attractive settings, knowing that with time he can win people over to his way of thinking. Through the entertainment field and other avenues, Satan deceives people into believing that good is bad and bad is good. (Isaiah 5:20) Even true Christians have fallen prey to Satan’s campaign of misinformation. The Bible warns: “The inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons, by the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, marked in their conscience as with a branding iron.”—1 Timothy 4:1, 2; Jeremiah 6:15.

W 04 4/1 pg. 12

Satan's tactics are increasing in ferocity as his time is so short.

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

I think the returned ones are aliens.And other aliens live in the town.

This is pretty much what I told my wife. It's probably another Roswell TV series.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby