JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My Watchtower Library

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3691 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We are preparing to move and we are going to cut back on our possessions. One really hard thing for me to part with is my bound volumes dating back to 1950. I also have ALL the Kingdom Ministry's back to 1950 all hardbound in 10 yr. increments and the Convention Reports back to 1950 also hardbound in a single book plus many other publications. I know that most people don't keep all these books since we have all the electronic libraries but what do I do with all this? I would give them to anyone who would pay the postage for media mail which is much less than regular postage. I have thought they should go into a new Kingdom Hall somewhere. I hate to just throw it all in the dump!!  Any ideas?

we are going through the same thing ours go back to 1955, we asked a new one in the congregation if he would like them, and he did take all 100 bound volumes.

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

We are building a New Hall in our RBC - I can ask if hey would like to have them. How soon do you need an answer?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

We are preparing to move and we are going to cut back on our possessions. One really hard thing for me to part with is my bound volumes dating back to 1950. I also have ALL the Kingdom Ministry's back to 1950 all hardbound in 10 yr. increments and the Convention Reports back to 1950 also hardbound in a single book plus many other publications. I know that most people don't keep all these books since we have all the electronic libraries but what do I do with all this? I would give them to anyone who would pay the postage for media mail which is much less than regular postage. I have thought they should go into a new Kingdom Hall somewhere. I hate to just throw it all in the dump!! Any ideas?

Dorothy, I'll take the KM's. PM me a way to pay you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

My husband and I were just talking about mine today. What to do? It means so much to me, but, in reality, I just don't use it anymore. Hard thing. Hard. The least I want to do is store it securely here on our property. We have the means. But, at this point, it is taking up a lot of space here in the house. I already gave one library to a new congregation, many years ago, then I replaced what I needed. It's a heart thing. But I have been getting rid of a lot of books, (secular) that I really liked, but, I have enough to keep up with, with out out side reading. As much as I might enjoy it.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!