JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Animals fleeing Yellowstone..

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3656 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The fact is that there's no real evidence animals are actually "fleeing" Yellowstone Park (or any particular area of it): Paved roads such as the one shown in the video embedded above make good migration routes for large animals such as bison in search of food or breeding grounds or the like, and those animals can typically be seen exhibiting similar behaviors in most years, earthquakes or no earthquakes — but few people pay attention to such animal movements when there are no other portents of disaster for them to point to. What these videos don't document, which would be much more indicative of animals predicting an upcoming natural disaster, would be multiple species all heading directly away from the same area within the park.  

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/critters/gnus/yellowstone.asp#kTwk8RVpVqofhHDR.99

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Well something is up because this morning I took my dog to his favorite park and it had 3 doe's roaming the woods and baseball field!   That was a first time ever because no one at the park including the man who lives on the park property has ever seen a deer or deers in the park before.  I wish I had my camera, it was such a beautiful sight!  They were white stag deers, their tails on the inside were white, and they were a brownish tan color.  Beautiful and graceful, I guess they are hungry and are looking for food.  There's plenty in the park including a nice running stream.  First time ever, you never know, maybe they hitchhiked from Yellowstone.  Go figure! 

This story or shall I say fable should be in the alt-News Forum. The video of buffalo leaving Yellowstone in the link above is the opposite, they are running into Yellowstone not leaving based on statements of Park Ranger that lives there.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/experts-say-buffalo-stampede-did-not-predict-earthquake/

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I have been too Yellowstone numerous times.  The animals do roam in and out of the park on a regular basis.

Buffalo's are often seen in Gardiner Montana, which is just outside of Yellowstone.

As to Buffalo running, they do that on a regular basis.  Once when we were there, we saw a wolf start chasing a deer, and the buffalo were near, and they took off running themselves.  

Happens every day out there.

They do?  I thought it was buffalo poop, but your say it's like a log for firewood?  Cool

It is "poop", pioneers and homesteaders would burn it as firewood because on the plains there were not many trees.

There is a buffalo ranch near us and chips are everywhere but one could never use it as firewood here because it would never dry out in Oregon so they leave it lay to nourish the grass fields.

Some wood burns smelly too and I'm not talking about green wood nor too slow a burn.

Ever hear of Pissy Elm? I burned elm once - burned ok on parts that had been bare of bark for years.

However one branch still had some bark on it. Found out why it was called Pissy Elm :-(

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Some wood burns smelly too and I'm not talking about green wood nor too slow a burn.

Ever hear of Pissy Elm? I burned elm once - burned ok on parts that had been bare of bark for years.

However one branch still had some bark on it. Found out why it was called Pissy Elm :-(

I don't know if we have Pissy Elm in OR but we do have Piss Fir and it smells worse than a wet dog.

• 2 weeks later...

When I worked at a sawmill you could always tell when a purple Hemlock tree went through the saw blades. The whole mill reeked like pungent cat urine. What a revolting smell. Glad it wasn't a common tree. Typically the mill smelled like fresh cut pine.