JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3644 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

When you look for a scripture in the Watchtower Library CDROM, it shows the reading from the new 2013 edition. Is there a way to quickly see that same verse in the old version?

So far the only way I know to find a verse in the 1984 Reference Edition is going to All Publications - Bibles - Reference Bible and use the menus to find the verse. If you are trying to read Psalms 119:150 that method is rather clumsy. :innocent:

If you "left-click" on the chapter or verse number of the Bible verse, a menu will popup giving you the choice to switch between the Reference Bible and the, NWT,or either of the two indexes.

Thank you! It was not that hard, after all. :lol:

When I sync a verse in my Spanish WTL with the English one, it shows the verse from the old version, which is correct, because that's the equivalent publication. But I must be careful about this.

Edited by cvillarrubia

Chuck,

Thanks for that info. That will make a comparison between the two a lot easier.

GStorrs46

P.S.  Thanks to Carlos for asking.

• 2 weeks later...

While reading a verse, if you turn your tablet sideways you can get both versions side by side.

Thank you, Darren. I think you are talking about the Android app while I was asking about the good ol' CDROM for Windows. :D

Thank you anyway.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)