JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3629 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hello brothers, this is my first topic on here I've posted. So bear with me as I haven't got a clue what I'm doing, haha!

Ok, I have a thought provoking illustration to share. It's not my own, I heard it from a brother a while ago. Some of you may have heard it before. It goes as follows:

Imagine you walk into a barbers. You get sat down and the barber starts cutting your hair. As you converse with him, you start going onto the subject of spiritual things.

The Barber says: “Oh, don't be silly! I don't want to hear any of that. God doesn't exist.. he hasn't done anything for me! I'm not interested.”

As you finish having your hair cut, you pay and leave the building. As you're walking along the street, you see a guy with long scruffy hair and a bushy beard.. walk, NO, not INTO the barbers but straight PAST it!”

You stop, think, then you walk back into the building and say to the person who cut your hair:

“Do you know something? Barbers don't exist!”

He replies with perplexity “What do you mean?! I just cut your hair, what do you think I am?? Of course barbers exist...”

Then you say “Then why did that guy with the long scruffy hair and beard walk straight past the door?”

He replies “Well if he wants his hair cut, then he can come to me if he wants to!”

You then say “Likewise, the reason why many people believe God doesn't exist is because they've never gone to him for help”

The moral of the illustration?

People are in spiritual darkness. Because Satan is the ruler of this world, he blinds the minds of unbelievers. They are unable to understand the concept of prayer. They don't know there is a God of love. They cannot understand that there can ever be a true religion.

That is why we have a very important responsibility- to preach a life-giving message to others.

Then the choice is made by them.. their decision means life or death.

How grateful we are to know that we're doing what Jehovah has asked us to do! ( Deuteronomy 30:19 ; Ezekiel 33:8 Matthew 28:19,20 ; John 3:16 ; Revelation 21:3-5 )

• 2 weeks later...