JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What would be your 'dream home' in the new world?

OK, let me first preface this by saying, I think that, right now, probably most of us feel that we will just be grateful to make it *past* Armageddon to think much about anything else (besides, perhaps, the resurrection).  However, the Slave has told us before that it's not wrong to think about what life will be like there, and that we should make it real in our minds and hearts, so that we can keep our hope alive and bright.  So, with that in mind...

What kind of home would you like to build in the new system?  Do you like modern, traditional, or just living under the stars?  Cottage or log cabin?  Spanish colonial or English country? This is one of the things I sometimes 'daydream' about when I need a lift and to keep focused on the future and not what I am dealing with at present.  :)

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

I don't see myself being locked down or tied into ONE or A home - if we did it would merely be a primary residence, and could be used by others as we travel around the world meeting people and observing creation.   ....   as they in turn would let us use theirs as they too are traveling around.

Tim---I have always thought this too!  I figured with eternity strectching out FOREVER that each one of us would live in every single house the world over!  Everything will always be fresh and exciting because with every group of people the personalities are so varied and mixed it brings a lot to each setting.  Think of a small car group.  You would be in with a few different people.  The overall spirit of the car changes with each person that is added or subtracted from the group.  Think of a neighborhood or community--I envision it the same way!  Then enlarge that to different countries and it is constantly. 

I remember a brother asking me when I was studying to try and imagine and what it would be like to live in this world with just ONE thing changed.  Like no more lies.  Just do away with lying and see how everything would change.  No more people calling in sick for work when they weren't. :huh: Just that would change the dynamics of how a business would function.  How much money would be saved on their budget.  One tiny example since there are too many situations to think of where lying is done.  Or just do away with addiction.  How would that impact the WORLD?  Or do away with illness.  Just ONE CHANGE it would greatly impact the entire world.  Do away with illness or poverty.  YET JEHOVAH is doing away with ALL of these things!!! 

Homes yes! I don't have an ideal home because I think there are way too many features to change that will make the home different.  Want a bedroom that faces the morning sun?  Or the setting sun?  Each change effects so many things!  Looking forward to always experiencing changes!

Maybe we will be neighbors at some point?  Eventually we will have to be!  See you later neighbor!!!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I don't see myself being locked down or tied into ONE or A home - if we did it would merely be a primary residence, and could be used by others as we travel around the world meeting people and observing creation.   ....   as they in turn would let us use theirs as they too are traveling around.

I agree...We won't stay in one place forever.  This doesn't answer my question, though!  LOL.  Just tryin' to have some fun here! 

Leslie, I know you're gonna want a big kitchen!   ;)

Edited by Julsey

I want every gadget that is possible!!!  My husband calls me the female version of "Tim the Tool Time man Taylor"  --from the TV series because he was always trying to make every gadget motorized and bigger and better.  What can I say?  I know I can not lead a simple life with all these crazy gadgets--but kitchen stuff is my all time weakness for sure!  But I want a fireplace in every room.  I want walls of windows (floor to ceiling windows) in many rooms.  I want the windows in my bathroom to swing out (not up and down) because I had a fabulous experience at a bed and breakfast in Tennessee once.  I ran the bath water and grabbed a book and settledback in the luxurious bathtub with the windows opened to the pasture and a gently breeze was blowing in.  Then, a horse came up and stuck his head in through the window and scared me to death!  But after I realized it was  a horse and not a person I started to pat his lovely muzzle that felt like velvet.  My husband brought some carrots out of the frig we were going to use for a salad and he sat on the side of the tub and fed the horse!  A one of a kind experience!  But a  I want a tree house too!  And an outdoor kitchen with a pizza oven (wood fired of course)

What do you want my Jules?

LeslieDean

Ok Jules, after my husband and I travel the whole world on horseback, then we will build our home with many ideas that we have seen from our travels. 

I would like to try an underground home with one side open up to the outside with all windows on that side and sky roof in the middle. 

In the middle of the house I want a waterfall with tons of plants and small trees, maybe fruit trees like oranges and kumquats. Since the skylight will be over these plants they will have plenty of sunshine. It will be in a hexagon shape so that there will be benches around it so one can sit and listen to the water and smell what fragrant flowers are blooming at that time. 

On the side of the house that has windows I want a full length planter and my kitchen sink in between with my counter edging the planter. All my run off water will go through the planter so the plants will get watered with out me having to. I really haven't figured out the rest of it. just that. haha

What do you want my Jules?

I want...a library!  Also, a formal sitting room, formal dining room, and lots of big, comfy furniture so people feel relaxed and at home.  I want fireplaces in nearly every room, too!  :)  I would like a conservatory, or a large atrium with fountains, flowers, and a pool; beautiful wooden floors, tapestries, and Turkish or Persian rugs; floor to ceiling windows; lots of bedrooms for friends and family to stay; and room for lots of dogs!  ;)

Oooo...and I nearly forgot - heated floors!

Edited by Julsey

I would love to live in the Pacific Northwest area of the US, yes I know we won't have countries, lol, but that is the area I love.

I want my house to be a log cabin facing the ocean with the mountains behind my home.  Ocean and Mountains, my two favorite things.I can sit on my front porch viewing the ocean or sit on my back porch viewing the mountains.

I do plan on travelling of course, but I would like a primary place to spend time in between trips.

Oooo, and I forgot...a vegetable garden!  :)

And there are so many places I would like to live, some of which I've lived in before (Arizona and Britain - talk about a contrast!), others where I haven't lived (the Deep South, and the Pacific northwest (like Ava)).

Edited by Julsey

Sort of wierd. I've spent a lot of my life taking what came to me. My only constant was Jehovah. The house we live in. Rural. No neighbors. My husband built the house. Been a long haul. Long. Right now, watching triple crown thing, with a bird singing its heart out, outside. My cat curled up next to me windows open. Wind blowing through the window.

Sometimes, I have to remind myself how treacherous this world is. Because we love right next to a paradise situation. Not perfect by any means. But it is home, and more then I expected this side of Armageddon.

After Armagedon? A beach house. Then a place where I can build rock walls, with rolling green hills. And horses there. As in what you see in Ireland, I think. Animals? Our relationship with them will be more then I can think about. Love my cats and dogs. Ah, but to have it in balance. Hard to think about. We will outlive any thing we build. Anything.

I remember thinking many years ago, my perfect house. It had lots of plants. Still my ideal. That was as far as it went. So, always I have had plants. And little gardens. Oh, and wood. Beautiful, natural wood. And glass. I want to learn to do leaded glass. Guess I do have dreams.

Riders up. California Chrome. Hmmm. Should be interesting.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Oh man I have thought long and hard about this ......I'm the type that likes to " feather my nest " but I also like exploring the universe so maybe just maybe Jehovah will allow me to have a few homes scattered in some of my favorite places in the world......or where my ancestors will be resurrected ! Not looking for a palace just a nice modest little bungalow with my own Garden and flowers ! And energy to look after it !!

Ava Pacific North west .......we can be neighbors with NO borders or cranky border crossing officers ! I will look forward to that.

I remember my conversation with a missionary - he wants to have a house that can go to different places.,by that time he said, our brain will function 100% and he believes that this is possible., good idea! Having a house at the same time traveling to associate will all our brothers and sisters around the world., =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dream home would be totally self-cleaning and contain the one thing in this world I loved with all my heart and loved me with all her heart - that would be the happiest home I could imagine.

Man oh man...A long time ago, I told my Mom, 'If only I could invent the self-cleaning bathroom!'  Yes, I like your idea, Brigette!

I think about this often. On Pinterest I have a whole board dedicated to "my future house"

If I have a choice, I would like to move back to Europe. And I definitely want to be facing a lake. A forest near by would be nice. I miss walking through thick forests in summertime.

The house itself wouldn't be too big. About the size I have now (2,000 sqft) once the kids (including future kids) are grown and moved out, I'll use their rooms as guest rooms.

I want the house to be light and airy. Lots of windows. Exposed beams on the ceiling. Light wood everywhere.

If I have to stay in Florida, I want lots of fruit trees. Grape fruits, mangoes, oranges, papaya, coconut, avocado...

And definitely a wood fired oven for lots of bread and pizza. I'll have weekly pizza parties. Everyone is invited!

TREE  HOUSE!! Multiple layers for privacy, yet with a large open area for entertaining my traveling Brothers and Sisters. Located in a mountainous forest next to river and waterfalls and close to the ocean.

After a few hundred years then we may travel. I'm thinking walking, I don't want to miss anything our beautiful planet may offer because I was moving to fast.

Of course we have to see what the scrolls say don't we.

Edited by Brother

• 2 weeks later...

TREE  HOUSE!! Multiple layers for privacy, yet with a large open area for entertaining my traveling Brothers and Sisters. Located in a mountainous forest next to river and waterfalls and close to the ocean.

After a few hundred years then we may travel. I'm thinking walking, I don't want to miss anything our beautiful planet may offer because I was moving to fast.

Of course we have to see what the scrolls say don't we.

I really enjoy watching Treehouse Masters!  So inventive!

LeslieDean

My dream home is any place I don't have to live in for too long. 5 to 10 years and I am ready to move on.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I use to invision living in EVERY house the world over for a time being.  I would dream what it would be like to have neighbors that you became friends with then maybe in 100 years everyone rotated (muscial houses instead of chairs) and you would do this until you had exhausted having had every single person as a neighbor, in every single house throughout the world!  I think the combination would be endless but then I would reason with eternity stretchng out forever we would constantly keep changing homes, neighborhoods, countries!  A C.O told me once just think what it would be like to have a bedroon that faced east and get the morning sun, or west and get the setting sun.  Each view would be different.  Jehovah has given us so much variety and creativity!  Our living room is painted with a shade of yellow that changes colors as the sun makes its jouney across the sky.  When the sunlight streams through the east windows the room is a certain shade of yellow and as it makes its way across and enters through the south windows it is a bright yellow, and when entering the west windows it is a warm cozy shade of beige.  One wall is painted red and the reflection of the red on the three yellow walls is AMAZING!  It looks like someone has painted the room a different color various times of the day.  

So in my dreams, I look forward to having each and every one of you as neighbors in Paradise! I loved a name of a street in LA called Sunswept Drive!  It circled around the Hollywood Hills and looked down onto San Franando Valley and was breathtaking.  I also thought Half Moon Bay in Northern CA was so romantic.  Just the name of the area made me want to pack my bags and move there!  So much Jehovah gives us to look forward to!

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

I don't dream so much about a house I guess.  I just want a LIFE - a real life, full of love and happiness, meeting every single brother and sister I can, seeing and hearing all the wonderful resurrections and sharing in the joy of everyone who gets their loved ones back.  I just want to feel healthy and in a good mood all the time and have tons of energy - with a "can't wait to get out of bed in the morning and start the day" attitude.  I want to work for Jehovah and no one else (and I will work hard and long for him!) I want to see all the wonderful, creative things my brothers and sisters can do and can teach me.  Most of all , I want to hold my baby girl in my arms again.  I'm so glad that I know that all of that is possible because so many don't - those are the ones we need to reach now!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D