JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Witnessing in Isolated Territory—Australia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3261 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/ministry/video-witnessing-isolated-territory-australia/

I just watched this new Video. 

Is incredible.  I have friends in my cong who go do this Outback preaching. One Brother his parents are in South Australia & every so often he goes down & helps out. the experiences are amazing.

Back in the 80's My Brother & sister in law used to go out to Cooperpedy which is on The Western Side. & at the time there weren't many Brothers out there.

If you have ever watched the Leyland Brothers Aussie outback Adventures. I am told it is similar & as I discovered going across the Nullabor last yr.

the Outback is Massive & goes on forever. But there is an amazing landscape. different scenery. & You get to see the Southern Cross & Milkyway.

Enjoy,

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/ministry/video-witnessing-isolated-territory-australia/

I just watched this new Video. 

Gabe..Richard Latu posted on Meekspace that he knows the friends in the video!

Is incredible.  I have friends in my cong who go do this Outback preaching. One Brother his parents are in South Australia & every so often he goes down & helps out. the experiences are amazing.

Back in the 80's My Brother & sister in law used to go out to Cooperpedy which is on The Western Side. & at the time there weren't many Brothers out there.

If you have ever watched the Leyland Brothers Aussie outback Adventures. I am told it is similar & as I discovered going across the Nullabor last yr.

the Outback is Massive & goes on forever. But there is an amazing landscape. different scenery. & You get to see the Southern Cross & Milkyway.

Enjoy,

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

The brother and his wife and two children (daughter now married) were in our congregation before moving up north a few years back.  He was a lovely elder, and a brilliant speaker and we were sorry to see them go.   They are obviously thriving up there, and yes, I envy them being able to do that work.  I gather they have a great time, have some wonderful talks and place heaps of literature.   This type of territory is hot and dusty and wearing a tie would be a bit 'overdressed' in the bush (and the locals would probably give them a hard time).  And yes, the roads are narrow, and those trucks don't slow down for anyone.  Its a common courtesy for a small vehicle to move off the road.   (And obviously life-saving)

Great to see them on video, they look so happy doing Jehovahs work, lots to do in the outback, its a huge area that doesn't get covered very often.   

Edited by Sheila

Awesome video!!!

We are going to do that in August for several days.  Granted, the territory we are going to is not the Outback, lol, but it is very isolated and rural communities and has not been worked in over 5 years.

My kids are super excited as we all are.  We are going with quite a few friends in our cong. 

New experiences, can't wait!!!

Edited by ava

Boy I wish I could be part of a preaching trip like this. Preach to people in an unassign4de territory and

then camp out at night and have a campfire, roast hotdogs and marshmellows, tell experiences and sing

Kingdom songs. Could it get any better than this ? Loved the joy that was evident in all that were doing

the work. No doubt this video will inspire many more to copy their example.

GStorrs46

• 9 months later...