JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - Report on Witnesses in Ukraine and Crimea

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3558 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

One of the things I truly appreciate about the revised website is the fact the brothers now report to us

what is going on with the brothers in areas of the world that are in the news and which various disasters,

wars, etc. are going on. Obviously we all share a collective concern for our spiritual brother and sisters

around the globe. For me how much that cements my feelings of unity. and it increases my faith in

Jehovah's organization when I can see with my own eyes the efforts our brothers make in coming to the

rescue of the friends in these dire situations, such in the aftermath of Sandy, or the typhoon that hit the

Phillipines. as brother Sanderson commented on the relief efforts in the Philipines  That it is here we see

the organization at it's best. And I would agree.

GStorrs46

Brother Sanderson shared this at the International Convention in Indianapolis:  There was a convention in the Ukraine just a few weeks ago with 14,000 in attendance.  During the convention, a bomb threat was made to the convention site and everyone had to be evacuated.  All 14,000 people evacuated the stadium in 12 minutes.  The stadium staff and Russian officials were very impressed at how quickly and orderly we evacuated the building.

Brother Shawn, your post reminded me of a bomb threat we received mid afternoon one day during a District Convention held at Lang Park Stadium in Brisbane about 28 years ago.  First we saw the police with sniffer dogs walking around the perimeter of the field, then over the sound system a brother requested we all leave, no explanation as to why.   The authorities were a bit bemused at how quickly and quietly we all moved and gathered outside.  After about an hour standing around away from the main stand, our buses arrived and we were driven home.  Lost a couple of hours of the programme, but at least it was a hoax, not like the bomb that actually went off during a meeting in Sydney around about the same time.   Life sure is different being in the truth. 

Edited by Sheila