JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Robin Williams found dead :>(

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3541 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The Tv just showed an interview he gave to portugal some years ago and I found very interesting what he said when asked about after death... "I hope to see my father and I hope there aren't lot's of people floating around in white dresses, just beautiful places like the ones we have in this planet"... Probably he will get to see exactly what he hoped for ;)

Bro. Jonathan

I was thinking the same thing when I heard this!  So many of the celebrities are empty inside!  ..a facade of happiness and so torn inside.  So,

all that money and fame and degree of power...inside an empty shell!  Yet! some of Jehovah's people are poor or with little means, but

the joy in their hearts that the are serving the living God - fills them up with joy and they are NOT lacking!!!

So glad that we know Jehovah God and that we are privilege to continue to seek out those ones that are sighing!

Amen!

When I first heard about and read story about his death. I just could not wrap my head around how someone could commit suicide by asphyxia by themselves, them it came to me while was in bed last night.......he hung himself, soooo sad. 

As we know now, it was confirmed on the news today, he hung himself. The new further stated that he may had money problems, 2 divorces was costing over 30 million and his house was up for sale, and his sitcom was canceled as well.

We are bless that we know Jehovah. 

sad that someone so loved carried so much inner grief and was unable to cope

fast forward > i can imagine him coming to know our God, really know him, and loving life again, this time in the Kingdom ~

then see him using his talent & natural ability to still make people laugh.

only this time, picture him at a future convention:

performing a reenactment with voices of Moses and Aaron before Pharaoh, peoples reacting to the gnats & frogs.

or Elijah with Baal worshippers at Mt Carmel. we could be cracking up.

he may have used the colorful language partly because that is what this world wants and expects. showmanship.

but in a perfect world, I wonder...

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

I was saddened when I first heard about his death, especially after hearing it was suicide possibly caused by his depression. My mother suffers from it and it's a very serious disease. Even when you do know Jehovah and all his wonderful attributes and promises, it still causes you to have all sorts of negitive thoughts get to you. Especially when the daily and not so daily stresses of life come in. I heard that Robin might've been in financial trouble, his comeback show on CBS was cancelled and he recently came out of rehab for his alcohol addiction. Who knows, that all could've added up and pushed him off the edge. So sad.

His widow has just announced that he was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's and he had not shared it with the public yet. She also said he was suffering from depression and anxiety.

Depression is just so terrible. It is hard for us to imagine what it is like for someone to be so depressed they would take their own life.  Depression though will do that, and it's just so sad and awful.

Just show the importance of speaking consolingly to the depressed.

So sorry for his family and friends.

They discussed Mr Williams' bi-polar disorder on the radio today and it reminded me of our Bible- study who did become a brother, but has this disorder, so we see him sporadically - when he's as level as he can be. Like Robin, he was often hilariously zany, but we knew he was 'over the top' sometimes because he was in a manic phase and could be very low at other times and not even get out of bed.

Sometimes my husband had to kindly caution our friend because his humour was getting a bit bad, as well as too silly, - like trying too hard to get people's attention/laughs, but he would apologise and thank him later. Robin Williams was so like he is and despite his bad times you couldn't help loving such ones struggling, yet in their level phases are quite thoughtful and humble. 

Look forward to seeing him and the other recently deceased star Lauren Bacall in the New World, when we can all live securely without all our health/financial anxieties/burdens.