JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2014 Service Report

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3405 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

No, this is the number of partakers.  That is all.  

Not even that, it's the reported number of partakers.

I know a few partakers who were not counted for many years, and I know several who were not even counted in the 2014 report, despite written directions from the branch stating that they should be counted. Of these unreported partakers, nearly all are regular pioneers, and a few even have appointments in the congregation, so they are not omitted due to judicial restrictions. One of those partakers even served in Bethel for several decades, where he was counted as a partaker every single year, yet since he returned to his home congregation (where he now serves as CoBE), the BoE holds a vote each year to report zero partakers on the annual report, and mark his publisher record card for the new service year as "OS".

In the end, the only number that matters is the 144,000 who remain faithful until the end of their earthly life and receive their final sealing. Beyond that, we have no idea how many anointed ones have lived during any given time, how many are active in the congregation and uncounted, how many are disfellowshipped and not currently partaking, how many have died in an unrepentant state necessitating a replacement (possibly many decades after they last partook, which would make the eventual replacement appear as an increase), how many were infirm on Nisan 14 and may have partaken privately on Ziv 14, and so on.

The count used to be important on the basis of 1935 being a cutoff date, when the entirety of the anointed ones made up "this generation", but we now understand that recently anointed ones are not part of the generation, and there is no 'countdown clock'.

Personally, I'm of a view that the number should be omitted entirely due to the mystical, and often hateful, explanations surrounding the yearly increase (some insist that there are "only five true anointed" (the GB currently has seven)). But at the same time, even the removal of the report itself would cause many to impute wrong motives on the part of the slave, so it's a very delicate balancing act.

I just want to get my hands on my own Yearbook.

Numbers are numbers. Thanks for the info on how your boe handles the partaker information. Illuminating.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

So Ray, you have an apple device, and no JW Library update with the Yearbook?

I guess the brother is in Germany, maybe they get it first? Lol ☺

Got the jwpub file from a friend - it's not uploaded via Apple update yet

I just want to get my hands on my own Yearbook.

Numbers are numbers. Thanks for the info on how your boe handles the partaker information. Illuminating.

What I find exciting is in 2010 we had 118 Branches, now streamlined down to 90!

Only with Jehovahs' HS can so much more be accomplished WW as more people stream to His mountain as His Org. is providing more advanced teaching/training/studying/construction methods than ever before. 

I anticipate 2015 to be phenomenal - the best is yet to come - we ain't seen nothing yet!    ....  Brace ourselves for one heck of a ride B4 the GT.

...   what Countries are featured in the 2015 YB?

Edited by timpin

Not even that, it's the reported number of partakers.

I know a few partakers who were not counted for many years, and I know several who were not even counted in the 2014 report, despite written directions from the branch stating that they should be counted. Of these unreported partakers, nearly all are regular pioneers, and a few even have appointments in the congregation, so they are not omitted due to judicial restrictions. One of those partakers even served in Bethel for several decades, where he was counted as a partaker every single year, yet since he returned to his home congregation (where he now serves as CoBE), the BoE holds a vote each year to report zero partakers on the annual report, and mark his publisher record card for the new service year as "OS".

In the end, the only number that matters is the 144,000 who remain faithful until the end of their earthly life and receive their final sealing. Beyond that, we have no idea how many anointed ones have lived during any given time, how many are active in the congregation and uncounted, how many are disfellowshipped and not currently partaking, how many have died in an unrepentant state necessitating a replacement (possibly many decades after they last partook, which would make the eventual replacement appear as an increase), how many were infirm on Nisan 14 and may have partaken privately on Ziv 14, and so on.

The count used to be important on the basis of 1935 being a cutoff date, when the entirety of the anointed ones made up "this generation", but we now understand that recently anointed ones are not part of the generation, and there is no 'countdown clock'.

Personally, I'm of a view that the number should be omitted entirely due to the mystical, and often hateful, explanations surrounding the yearly increase (some insist that there are "only five true anointed" (the GB currently has seven)). But at the same time, even the removal of the report itself would cause many to impute wrong motives on the part of the slave, so it's a very delicate balancing act.

Maybe there is a further simple explanation for the partakers increase since 2005. Think of countries like China and India, which made 2,6 billion of the world population, how to reach them in the past was very difficult, but since few years they have possibility to get in touch with the truth via Internet, and some of them recognize now to be part of the annointed ones. Jehovah and Jesus collects persons from ALL nations.

if Memorial attendance was just shy of 20M, then the fields are indeed ripe for harvesting.

for the past few years, 11M persons continue to gather with us on our most special event of the year-

some may be studying, some may not ...

most possibly rejected Easter & other traditions associated with Christs' death,

and chose to join with us instead

... we gotta find these people!!  :scooter:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Maybe there is a further simple explanation for the partakers increase since 2005. Think of countries like China and India, which made 2,6 billion of the world population, how to reach them in the past was very difficult, but since few years they have possibility to get in touch with the truth via Internet, and some of them recognize now to be part of the annointed ones. Jehovah and Jesus collects persons from ALL nations.

I always found this interesting. The Bible highlights of Revelation from the 09 Watchtower.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009046

The section regarding Revelation 9:20,21 towards the bottom.

Edited by Mykyl

I always found this interesting. The Bible highlights of Revelation from the 09 Watchtower.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009046

The section regarding Revelation 9:20,21 towards the bottom.

This part?

9:20, 21. Many meek people who live in so-called non-Christian nations have responded well to the message we proclaim. However, we are not expecting a mass conversion of people outside the realm of Christendom, who are referred to as “the rest of the men.” Nevertheless, we persevere in the ministry.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Here's a blast from the past Question From Readers I found Interesting. :D

*** w11 8/15 p. 22 Questions From Readers ***
Questions From Readers
How are we to understand the figures in the annual service report?
Each year, we look forward to the service report published in the Yearbook. It is thrilling to see what Jehovah’s people as a group have accomplished in the worldwide Kingdom preaching and teaching work. But to derive the greatest benefit from the report, we need a correct understanding of the entries as well as a balanced view of the figures. Consider a few examples.
Service year. This extends from September of one year through August of the next. The Yearbook contains the report for the preceding service year. Thus, the 2011 Yearbook contains the report for the 2010 service year, which ran from September 1, 2009, to August 31, 2010.
Peak publishers and average publishers. “Publishers” includes baptized Witnesses of Jehovah as well as unbaptized ones who qualify to be Kingdom preachers. “Peak publishers” is the highest number reporting for any one month of the service year and may include late reports that were not added to the preceding month’s report. In this way some publishers may be counted twice. However, the peak figure does not include the number of publishers who actually shared in the ministry but forgot to report. This emphasizes the importance of each publisher reporting promptly each month. “Average publishers” is the typical number of different ones reporting time in the ministry each month.
Total hours. According to the 2011 Yearbook, Jehovah’s Witnesses spent over 1.6 billion hours in the field ministry. This total, however, does not represent all the hours we spend in our worship, for it does not include time we regularly devote to such activities as shepherding, attending meetings, and engaging in personal Bible study and meditation.
Money spent. During the 2010 service year, Jehovah’s Witnesses spent over $155 million in caring for special pioneers, missionaries, and traveling overseers in their field service assignments. This figure does not, however, include the cost of printing the Bible-based publications we produce; nor does it include the money spent in caring for the more than 20,000 Bethel volunteers staffing the branch facilities around the world.
Memorial partakers. This is the number of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does this total represent the number of anointed ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors—including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance—might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones.
<<Old Information
What we do know is that there will be some of the anointed “slaves of our God” on earth when the destructive winds of the great tribulation are released. (Rev. 7:1-3)>> Until then, the anointed will take the lead in something that is well-documented by our annual service report—the greatest preaching and teaching work in human history.
[Footnote]
See the article “The Faithful Steward and Its Governing Body,” in the June 15, 2009, issue of The Watchtower, page 24.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

So I would like to have 2 questions answered.

Who besides Johnathan and Toibias have the 2015 Yearbook? And, do you have it in what version ( JW Library, Pdf or Epub)? Thanks.

:headphones:

If i were to say something according to the yearbook cover photo, if the photo is genuine and the name is unchanged, it would be released on 3rd of January 2015.
All magazines are in format ddmmyyyy.pdf. The photo posted above is 2015031... It might be nothing and i might be wrong, but just sayin'

OK thanks. ☺

So Tim, when did you get this update? :mellow:

Oh I see. It's a hush - hush kinda thing. Lol ☺

If i were to say something according to the yearbook cover photo, if the photo is genuine and the name is unchanged, it would be released on 3rd of January 2015.

All magazines are in format ddmmyyyy.pdf. The photo posted above is 2015031... It might be nothing and i might be wrong, but just sayin'

302015031 is the document id for the 2015 yearbook. Notice the similarity to the 2014 yearbook: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/302014021