JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

So that's where you went? Tell us about your travels!

That definitely sounds like my kind of trip, Charles... any photos?

It reminds me of when I took on the job of being Liaison Officer for the Camp Quality Caper, a charity car rally, back in 1996.

I travelled in a late-model Landcruiser with one of the officials in the event and my job was to get to each town and brief the newspaper and radio stations etc about the coming event. we stayed in cabins and caravans, each night I also wrote a newsletter for all the competitors.

From Dubbo in Central West New South Wales we went out to Bourke, headed North into Queensland through Cunnamulla and Augathella, Isis Downs Station (a farm about the size of a small US state), Longreach and then back across to Emerald, down through Springsure and the Carnarvon Gorge (which I never saw due to my commitments), Roma and the finish somewhere near Coffs Harbour. I had to then catch a train to Sydney so I could return a car rented during the event to Brisbane.

No photos, it was all before digital cameras and I don't know where any photos I took might be hiding. I do think I had a great sunset photo from Isis Downs.

In lieu of that I'll post some pics of upstate New York, something really worth seeing in the fall:

131012cherryvalleyview.jpg

Overlooking Cherry Valley, our D100 van in frame... and how about Niagara Falls at night?

131012niagarafallsnight.jpg

The sisters would love what we discovered at Waterloo...

131012waterloooutlet3.jpg

Back somewhere near Poughkeepsie or Kingston (I think):

131012fallhousecolours.jpg

And on the way to Sharon:

131012sharontownship.jpg

I have some nice ones from Illinois and Indiana too...

After going to the convention in October we went & stay a place Ocean Grove.

In Victoria. Love this coastline...

View from the white house we stayed at.

attachicon.gifoc.jpg

Then we went back & revisted Lochard Gorge fantastic Place

attachicon.giflocha.jpg

Plus we visited the 12 Apostles again. Or whats left but man they sure do give Jehovah glory with his creationattachicon.gif1222.jpg

attachicon.gif12.jpg

I can't choose the photo they are all my favs.attachicon.gif122.jpg

Most likely I will be there on Friday ! Nice place isn't ?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Greg I love this place is awesome. Each time I visit its always different.

I hope I can get some nice sunset photos over there ...  the weather is playing up lately. (Yes Jehovah made this earth wonderfully !!!)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I have travelled a few places. Greg are you on Google Plus. I am there.

i could post loads of pics. But I dont want to hog the thread. ;)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Mods suggested that we could start TRAVEL thread in General Discussion forum but since Ray started this I would like ask him to put stamp of approval for that ... ( RAY what do you think ? )

No I am not on Google Plus ...  :(

Edited by Gregexplore

I don't see why you shouldn't ? Please post it... :D

I don't see why you shouldn't ? Please post it... :D

Ok since :D

Well on the way back home from the Great Ocean Rd we stop Up at the Victorian Alps area, Omeo,

post-1015-0-57321400-1420025727.jpgpost-1015-0-36489200-1420025747.jpg

We saw Snow in October completely Blown Out.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Early this year we went across to Tassie.

Cradle Mountain

post-1015-0-63849000-1420025898_thumb.jppost-1015-0-63075500-1420025909_thumb.jppost-1015-0-30234400-1420025948_thumb.jp

Visited a historic place Cambell I have forgotten the history behind this log. But thought it was impressive aye.post-1015-0-37910500-1420026018_thumb.jp

Visited Latrobe gorgeous place & Chocolate Factory. Anvers they sell to David Jones etcpost-1015-0-29289300-1420026095.jpg

post-1015-0-03851300-1420026143.jpg

Bright i Love the colors in autumnpost-1015-0-44936600-1420026681.jpgpost-1015-0-78657200-1420026693.jpgpost-1015-0-19170800-1420026729_thumb.jp

brown Brothers Winery

post-1015-0-95257000-1420026779_thumb.jppost-1015-0-36586400-1420026806_thumb.jp

Ned Kelly's Police Stationpost-1015-0-33026500-1420026865_thumb.jp

Those high country pics are lovely, Gabe...

What I think does matter when it comes to posting 'loads of pics' is that you don't post too many at once. And I think it's nice if you identify where they all are, which you have mostly done. But leave room for posts with comments only between them.

And to others, please comment!

Those high country pics are lovely, Gabe...

What I think does matter when it comes to posting 'loads of pics' is that you don't post too many at once. And I think it's nice if you identify where they all are, which you have mostly done. But leave room for posts with comments only between them.

And to others, please comment!

Ray see my post number #32. About the specific word TRAVEL ...

I don't understand, Greg... I suggested we start a TRAVEL thread and then I started it. Isn't that what this is? Is there some nuance I'm missing?

Yes, TRAVEL as a title of the thread would be easier to find in the serach engine

Current title is :

So that's where you went? Tell us about your travels!

But don't worry too much ...leave is as it is ..  no big deal. :) 

Edited by Gregexplore

Ray, it was Stalin who "helped" Jews move to the Far East of Russia as well as he "helped" Jehovah's Witnesses move to Siberia.But now very few Jews live here(about 1% of population). Actually I was born and raised in a region next to Jewish but I did not know about it.☺I started to study the Bible in my native town but soon I came to Birobidzhan and I became a publisher here.Now there are 3 congregations here(I think some 250 publishers). There also 2 small groups: Chinese and Russian Sign Language.My husband and I attend Sign group because he's hearing- impaired.

Sunset Mauritus ... (from my travels)

Stunning Greg. Looks like a great place to visit No!! They speak Francìs?

I love The French lingo. We had some Brothers & Sisters visit my cong a few weeks ago. I love the accènt. :)

Edited by surfergirl

Stunning Greg. Looks like a great place to visit No!! They speak Francìs?

I love The French lingo. We had some Brothers & Sisters visit my cong a few weeks ago. I love the accènt. :)

Yes they speak French and Creole .. Fun place to visit ...

I am so glad I can google places that I have been to in my journeys. I love the outdoors & the variety we have.

I have visited the Grand Canyon Loop set in the Blue Mountains. Dad has a lot of family photos on the old negatives & slides.But Googling I have been able to find some of the place. 

When people think of the Grand Canyon it usually evokes images of the Grand Canyon in the USA, a massive open gorge many kilometres wide and hundreds of kilometres long. The narrow slot canyons of the Blue Mountains are quite different. They are deep, dark and twisting. The spectacular Grand Canyon track follows an impressive halfway ledge above much of the canyon, before descending to the canyon floor lower down. It is one of the best walks in the upper Blue Mountains, and is good in summer, as much of the walk is in the shade, protected by the massive sandstone walls.

post-1015-0-94342100-1420119460.jpg

Then there are the Three Sisterspost-1015-0-92444300-1420119680.jpg

post-1015-0-07896200-1420119581.jpg

I have done this walk which is like 3hrs each way. It starts behind the Palaris Royale this place has changed names alot.

post-1015-0-32536700-1420119947.jpg

But the view is incredible. &You have climb & cross over Farmers Paddocks hoping you don't meet a Bull.

Its called the SixFoot Tract. One can choose to camp overnight & continue down to Jenolan Caves.

The Six Foot Track is a three day 44km walking track from Katoomba to Jenolan Caves.  The track was originally built as a bridle trail in 1884 and was planned as a shortcut to Jenolan Caves.  It is now a walking trail that will take you through state forests and national parks and some of the beautiful pristine valleys of the Blue Mountains.

The Six Foot Track can be done as a three day walk or it can be done as day trips from the accessible areas where the track meets the roads.

Day 1

The walk starts at Katoomba at the Explorers tree and descends into Megalong Valley through Nellie’s Glen. The undulating walk through Megalong Valley will take you past the abandoned Megalong Village, a historic shale mining village and through farmlands

This bridge that you see suspended in the air was made by the Army & is incredibly high up. 

post-1015-0-11900800-1420119862.jpg

Six Foot Track - Blue Mountains Australia.htm

'nuff of the chit chat... more pics...

1110shlykidsonbikes.jpg

The little town of Ashley in northern NSW, a place where you hear the sound of single cylinder motors all day long. Yet every motorcycle is being ridden by a young girl!

1110shlykidsonbikes2.jpg

Maybe just as strange, the police station at Woodenbong on the NSW/Queensland border...

1210wdnbngpolice.jpg

...at christmas time!

Girls rock Raymond lols.

is Ashley & Woodenbong near Tweed or how far apart from each other?

Ashley is just a little North-West of Moree, Woodenbong is in the Border Ranges inland from Tweed...

It's at the head of one of the truly lovely drives, Woodenbong to Kyogle. Do that one in the early morning, see the mists around Mt Lindesay.