JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Something to cheer me up...anything

So sorry you are feeling low! I will let you live vicariously through me today! I will check in periodically so you may keep up and be a part of it.

First off, I slept late! What a treat for me since I get up at 4:30 am on work days. I shared the daily text with my four legged kids then put them outside for the day. I then did mu morning hygiene routine and drove into town. Once there I went an bight a pair of summer sandals knowing I was going to go get a pedicure. It is suppose to be in the 70's today! Yeah!

Then, since I just started the Atkins plan I drove through mcDonald's which I abhor and bought a McDouble for a measly $1.40 minus the bun and drank a glass of water then ate the McDouble low carb meal (?) snack (?) or morsel.

Thinking what I wanted to accomplish today I drive to my favorite nail salon and went in and got a spring type pedicure. You are probably thinking that is nit something you would do but hang in there. I had a young lady who did a wonderful job and gave me an incredible foot and lower leg massage all the while I sipped on a glass of perfectly chilled red wine! Now do you not think you would enjoy a talented young lady serving you a glass of wine while massaging your feet! I also read part of a Jihn Grisham book-Gray Mountian-and throughly enjoyed myself! Now you might be changing your mind, heh?

I am off to my next errand. Try and drink some fluids and have a light snack and rest! I will be back with you shortly!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Leslie,

That sounds like an amazing day. I have my wonderful wife with me too now (she's been at work). But I shall soon be alone again as I voluntarily sleep on the couch.

Uh, I'm starving but can't eat. Can't even drink water at the moment.

Haha, Gabe...love that picture above :)

I had to google.

we say tummy bug.

Do you have any buscopane?

Its great for these symptons. Ginger tea & Alka-Seltzer.

they work for me.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I'm back. Next stop was the hair salon to get my gaiety cut and layered. It's Saturday without an appointment so I went to three before I found one that could take a walk-in. I was leery to stop somewhere I am not familiar since I have had my fair share of bad cuts. But the salon looked very nice and the young girl had an irresistable smile and one me over with her ling red hair. My son is a georgeous redhead and she reminded me of him! She did a great jib and I learned she is engaged to be married. We chatted about the phrase 'honeymoon is over' and all it implies so I asked her if she had talked with anyone who is an expert on marriage. She said 'do you mean like Dr. Phil?'---I did mention she was young! I said I enjoyed Dr. Phil also but there was actually someone even with greater advice than Phil. When I asked her if she knew when the first marriage was performed she said no. So I reminded her of Adam and Eve and she said she thought they just lived together. :-). She was so sweet and dear. So I told her I had been married once for ten years then married again. I was thinking thus surely was nit for me when about 11 years into the second marriage I found a book which changed how I viewed marriage and taught me to be a better wife. I asked her if children were in their future which she said yes. I told her she definitely needed this book because it was one that covered the whole family. She gave me her business card and next day off I will be taking the fily happiness book back to her.

Next stop Sam's Club for dog food and groceries!

LeslieDean

Hey Brother William,

Sorry you are so sick.

But if you feel up to it, tell us about "Somerset" and about

how you started Pioneering? :)

Curious to learn more about you and the area that you live in,

I never heard of it.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Just got home from Sam's Club.  Bought a variety of cheeses, one with raspberries and it is so delicate and slightly sweet, another rubbed in Espresso and lavender, Parmesan, and Smoked Gouda.  All for Atkins nutritional plan. Go Leslie!  When I got home I unloaded the groceries, feed all my dogs, and took the shrimp I bought and cut up pepper jack cheese in to small cubes and placed in the middle of the shrimp then wrapped the shrimp with applewood bacon that I had parboiled to allow it to cook crispy without overcooking the shrimp on the grill.  I made a dipping sauce with mayo and Worcestershire sauce that is low carb but yet delectable!  I will throw some laundry in the washer and set down to prepare my WT for tomorrow.  I hope you get some sleep!  I know your sweet wife will take excellent care of you!  Goodnight!

LeslieDean

Do you like to read in the still of the night?  I loved reading the Bible when I was restless and anxious,  It seems I got more comfort at that time than any other.  It might also have been because of my diagnosis.  Life seemed to hang in the balance and everything was so precious.  I think there is a big difference between being sick and bored and unable to concentrate-where reading may be a challenge than when you are sick and life is fragile.  I know now when I get sick I just suffer (but not in silence) and I get no deeper insight in reading.  Eyes hurt, can't focus.  Hope your feeling better soon!  Like Neil said, tell us about your life!

LeslieDean