JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Burned up my electric oven...

I think it was my fault.  I put it on self clean and after it locked and went through its cleaning cycles it had a code flash on the electric setting--where it normally shows the time/temperature reading.  Then my oven turned itself off.  I went ahead and put in a raoster of bourbon baked beans and set it for two hours.  When the timer went off I opened the oven and it was cold.  I tried setting it again and it wold turn itself off.  What I am wondering is ---shhhhh-whisper---could it have been caused from the sheet of aluminin foil I left on the bottom rack?  I don't know whether I really want to know or not.  But any way I looked at electric ovens today--I had a double oven electric with convection and to replace it with like model will be almost 4500.00.  I had no idea electric ovens were that expensive.  It hass to be electric because we are total electric home.  I did not want to ask Rick if he thought it was from the foil so I have not mentioned it to him.  I may just have to ber happy with my  counter top Wolf Gang Puck pressure oven for a while....

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

If you continue to look at new stoves, look for ones that are marked down because they have some sort of "ding" or were returned in working order. Places like Home Depot and Lowes do this kind of mark-downs on a regular basis.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I am having it delivered tomorrow.  I hope he does not think it is more for me than him.  I really was nervous purchasing it on the spur of the moment but it is somethoing we needed.  I don't know whether I should have consulted his opinion on the type but I did the best I could.

I bought a 60inch zero clearance Cub Cadet mower.  I bought the 4 year service plan for an additional 500.00.  Total  was $5000.00 but I am hoping it was a good deal.  Our tractor was just so hard to use.  We rented a zero clearance last summer for a day while the tractor was being serviced and Rick really liked how it preformed.  I used it to and had a great time on it but after it was said and done I had a horrible back ache from all the jumping up and down on it--the pasture is very uneven and lots of mole holes.  We have 5 acres that needs mowing about every 10 days and the grass is so high now it is embarrassing.  Our neighbors keep their acreages all manicured but to be honest they are all mostly retired with plenty of time. 

I'll post a picture later when our yard is done!

Hope you don't have to trade that mower for a stove .....

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~