JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Baltimore's "Justice."

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3272 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just read how six of the officers involved were charged and people are sooo happy. Well, for one, the reason they're jubilant is because of how we're made...in God's image in that we have his attributes, one of which is justice.

But, I can't help it. For secondly, another reason they're happy is because, once again they're relying on Satan's lie that man has the ability and means to make everything ok. Yes, they're being dupped again by the great pretender who will lead them all to death...their own death by their own hands by not listening to Jehovah. So sad.

Edited by Luezette

I just read how six of the officers involved were charged and people are sooo happy. Well, for one, the reason they're jubilant is because of how we're made...in God's image in that we have his attributes, one of which is justice.

But, I can't help it. For secondly, another reason they're happy is because, once again they're relying on Satan's lie that man has the ability and means to make everything ok. Yes, they're being dupped again by the great pretender who will lead them all to death...their own death by their own hands by not listening to Jehovah. So sad.

Good point sis. Sometimes politics play a role of things. I read two weeks ago that there more police raids in Urban areas for drugs than the Suburbs. Why? Because race and politics. If the police raid continuously on the Suburb more than the Urban area, then police chief will lost his or her job. That how Satan works.

Edited by Dustparticle

Too many rotten police officers on the force that made it bad for the good ones. In situations when a citizens lose their life in the case like this one and others in similar way, the officers should be fired, charge, and convicted.

I'm more than sure we will see more of the same in the coming days somewhere in our country.

Satan is "rough riding" all of us.

Yes, and a sister and i were just talking about it on the phone just a few minutes ago. It's good that those officers were charged but now the people will have the attitude of "look what we did, we protested and got things done. You want change? You gotta work for it." And that's sad because it's just Satan's cunning and scheming for further worship.

Edited by Luezette

We need to keep in mind that, even though what some of the police officers did may not seem right, they were apprehending a "suspect" who ran from them. In addition, this type of attitude/behavior that was displayed in Baltimore is the same as what has been done in some of the other communities where police have used force to apprehend an actual criminal and that criminal was shot and killed.

We also have to make sure we do not take sides with either the criminals or the police, especially the "bad" police, in these matters ..... they are all part of Satan's system and we do not want to be part of that.

Real justice will be delivered when it is done by God's Kingdom.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Yes, and a sister and i were just talking about it on the phone just a few minutes ago. It's good that those officers were charged but now the people will have the attitude of "look what we did, we protested and got things done. You want change? You gotta work for it." And that's sad because it's just Satan's cunning and scheming for further worship.

But this is how they should feel for are we not in the clay feet of Daniel's image?

All media outlets twist their coverage to push a narrative, and this event is no different. Living in the region, I've seen both the national coverage and the local coverage, and the locals are telling an entirely different story that the national media hasn't even touched.

In these sorts of events, the media, justice department, and politicians are intertwined so tightly that it's impossible to determine where one stops and the next begins.

While we should keep ourselves informed of world events, we need to be careful not to take sides in what ultimately becomes a political debate. Obviously as lovers of justice we don't want to see any crimes occur without proper recourse, but this case has exploded far beyond "was Freddie Gray murdered" and has clearly turned into a discussion on political policy and police actions, which we know cannot be solved by any government of mankind.

Edited by Stavro

I learned a good lesson when that football player was caught spanking his son with a switch, just like his momma did to him as a boy. The story went from "spanking with a switch" to "hitting his son with a tree branch". Two completely different ways of thought, designed to conjure up emotion. Everytime I hear that stupid story I get irritated. The media will take a story, I've heard this myself as I listen to CNN or HLN on my way to work,  they will start with the facts of a story as they perceive it as they are informed about it. Then in a mere couple days the story has morphed into something that is quite far from the original facts, all in an attempt to generate and maintain a certain emotional roller coaster so people will 'stay tuned'. 

Pfff, ridiculous.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I have found in every one of these situations which have been publicized recently (because there are tons that are not in the news) that the usual process of the news media is to make the police look bad first while they fail to show the complete history of the criminal activities that these same people have been involved in. Another thing that shows this is Satan is that while it is only publicized that this is against black people it is also happening to Hispanic and middle eastern people, yet there is no rioting and outcry against this activity to this extent. So I stay neutral and only on Jehovah's side in every matter, race included I love everyone equally And I mentally view myself as a lesser than others and I hate violence just as Jehovah hates...even when it is for a "good cause" in the eyes of this world.

I personally feel that the police have such an impossible job and it will continue to get worse for them but they are too rough in my opinion I can't stand to see them throw someone down on the ground and then 4-5 of these large men take all their weight on their knees And jump on the persons back and smash their faces into the concrete. And when the person is crying in pain they never call an ambulance they just continue to demand they move and rough them up more...really, it takes 4 to beat up a person that is already down or handcuffed??? I just hurt when I see how rough they treat people that are not being violent. Jeremiah 10:23, Proverbs 25:28 the system is broken! It is proven fact all over the world, in every corner it is the same.

One lesson we all need to take from this is that if during the GT period when we are the object of their hate and the police tell us to stop...just stop, obey, talk calmly and respectfully and be humble, because it could mean our lives and that may be hard for us to do but we have to train our minds now.

The link shows the extensive criminal activity and history that these police already knew when they began to arrest him and that is why they were rough on him in the beginning.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/21/us/baltimore-freddie-gray-what-we-know/