JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Person of interest

This TV Show is one of my favorites and I wanted to let you know that, interestingly, the name of the last episode has the 4 letters of the name of God ;)

I didn't watch it yet though

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4532988/?ref_=m_ttep_ep_ep22

I am watching it and i like the story line. Been watching it since its pilot episode. It's one of the few 'watchable' TV shows if you ask me.

Excitement run high when i saw the title of the season finale!!

So anyways, Finch dies and the machine gets angry for that and it becomes almighty ( as god ) and beats Samarithan. 

Just kidding, It's John that dies.
Ha! Gotcha! Nobody dies...  :raspberry: It's a very good episode tho 

Edited by Andrejrulz

Oh my you're right. It recorded last night. I think its because Samaritan is like a god in that it sees all and is busy in the lives of people. Just a guess.

Did you watch last weeks' episode? I thought it had a lot more fighting than usual, lots of punching and violence. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I watched it and I couldn't make it out either. Oh well

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I am watching it and i like the story line. Been watching it since its pilot episode. It's one of the few 'watchable' TV shows if you ask me.

Excitement run high when i saw the title of the season finale!!

So anyways, Finch dies and the machine gets angry for that and it becomes almighty ( as god ) and beats Samarithan. 

Just kidding, It's John that dies.
Ha! Gotcha! Nobody dies...  :raspberry: It's a very good episode tho 

You had me laugh so hard with that spoiler! Well done and thank you! There is nothing like a good laugh!

This TV Show is one of my favorites and I wanted to let you know that, interestingly, the name of the last episode has the 4 letters of the name of God ;)

I didn't watch it yet though

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4532988/?ref_=m_ttep_ep_ep22

I watched the first few but stopped ... At first it was interesting though. When you say last episodes, it is over soon?

This season, season 4, just ended.

Thus is probably a better link, if you are interested in the show and not just the title of one episode.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_of_Interest_%28TV_series%29

One of the characters regularly calls the machine her and god. It is a Finch says, " a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know, because I built it. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror, but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people; people like you. Crimes the government considered 'irrelevant'. They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up... we'll find you".

So, it does qualify as a god - small g.

Edit: fixed grammar problem, but not soon enough to be quoted.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This season, season 4, just ended.

Thus is probably a better link, if you are interested in the show and not just the title of one episode.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_of_Interest_%28TV_series%29

One of the characters regularly calls the machine her and god. It is a Finch says, " a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know, because I built it. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror, but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people; people like you. Crimes the government considered 'irrelevant'. They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up... we'll find you". So, they does quality as a god - small g.

That was almost the majority of the first 2 seasons plots but it grew in intensity and quality in my opinion

I hope it will be a 5th season

I love the show

There may be a bit of violence but the main characters always shoot to the knees ;) except Harold that doesn't shoot

To be able to like or follow the season finale it was needed to be a regular spectator of the show ;)

That was almost the majority of the first 2 seasons plots but it grew in intensity and quality in my opinion

I hope it will be a 5th season

I love the show

There may be a bit of violence but the main characters always shoot to the knees ;) except Harold that doesn't shoot

To be able to like or follow the season finale it was needed to be a regular spectator of the show ;)

There will be season 5 for sure.

This is shown on my application that i use to track TV shows and episodes.

post-5292-0-14866100-1431175627_thumb.jp

I kind of fell into this program earlier this year.   I particularly like "If - Then - Else" because it showed how Finch taught probabilities of events and human behavior.  I am uncomfortable about the title of this episode, but here is another link:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/person_of_interest/video/0808FB8B-1569-B3C4-512E-26910527C4CB/person-of-interest-yhwh/

• 1 month later...

I guess I can reveal the spoil (don't know how to partially cover it, perhaps the  moderators can help)

Frankly I don't think the Machine is God (YHWH) in this scenario,  I think Finch is.  He created the Machine to go out and protect/save humanity from the Samaritan.  I think the Machine is Jesus  and Samaritan is Satan.  When the Samaritan went after the Machine to kill it,  Finch saved it,  putting it in the suitcase full of memory chips, with the intent of bringing it back to life (a resurrection!)  Reese, despite Jim Caveizel's previous movie role,  is perhaps Gabriel or another angel, because in the episodes he does most of the traveling around and fighting

I guess I can reveal the spoil (don't know how to partially cover it, perhaps the  moderators can help)

Frankly I don't think the Machine is God (YHWH) in this scenario,  I think Finch is.  He created the Machine to go out and protect/save humanity from the Samaritan.  I think the Machine is Jesus  and Samaritan is Satan.  When the Samaritan went after the Machine to kill it,  Finch saved it,  putting it in the suitcase full of memory chips, with the intent of bringing it back to life (a resurrection!)  Reese, despite Jim Caveizel's previous movie role,  is perhaps Gabriel or another angel, because in the episodes he does most of the traveling around and fighting

Just WOW.

Nope. I am certain that the show director didn't have The Bible in mind when writing the story. It is us, who know these things about God, Jesus etc etc.. that make a connection, when there is none.

Just my thought. . .

P.S. in fact he didn't create the machine to protect humanity from Samarithan. He created the machine and Samarithan for the same purpose. He gave the machine to the government and he stored the hard drives from samarithan in a safe because it didn't work out as intended. Later on, Samarithan gained power when connected to the NSA feed. So this all connection to Bible terms and events makes no sense and has no basis at all.

Edited by Andrejrulz

Not disputing,it's just a tv show, just that your thoughts kind of confirm my thinking.  God created the angel who became Satan, and he was the first one to come in personal contact with humanity, in the garden, but he turned bad.  Just like the Samaritan was given by Finch to the government and was intended for good, but it became corrupted by power hungry people who did not care about human life.

First suspected that Finch was God in this story when he refused to carry a gun or kill people indiscriminately, and when he taught the Machine in "If-then-else"  that the lives of people are more important than anything.

I'm done...

Edited by rbrown1205

Not disputing,it's just a tv show, just that your thoughts kind of confirm my thinking.  God created the angel who became Satan, and he was the first one to come in personal contact with humanity, in the garden, but he turned bad.  Just like the Samaritan was given by Finch to the government and was intended for good, but it became corrupted by power hungry people who did not care about human life.

First suspected that Finch was God in this story when he refused to carry a gun or kill people indiscriminately, and when he taught the Machine in "If-then-else"  that the lives of people are more important than anything.

I'm done...

You got a point there... But i seriously don't think that the creators of the show had 'what the bible says' in mind.

Just WOW.

Nope. I am certain that the show director didn't have The Bible in mind when writing the story. It is us, who know these things about God, Jesus etc etc.. that make a connection, when there is none.

Just my thought. . .

P.S. in fact he didn't create the machine to protect humanity from Samarithan. He created the machine and Samarithan for the same purpose. He gave the machine to the government and he stored the hard drives from samarithan in a safe because it didn't work out as intended. Later on, Samarithan gained power when connected to the NSA feed. So this all connection to Bible terms and events makes no sense and has no basis at all.

If you have followed the show you should know that it wasn't Finch that created Samaritan but one colleague friend from the past...

But I also think that the creators didn't have this connections to the Bible in mind. But comparing the machine to God his a recurrent them in the show, although the machine itself called Finch as "Father" and said "I am sorry I have failed you"... If it did fail or not, we're yet to see ;)

Not disputing,it's just a tv show, just that your thoughts kind of confirm my thinking. God created the angel who became Satan, and he was the first one to come in personal contact with humanity, in the garden, but he turned bad. Just like the Samaritan was given by Finch to the government and was intended for good, but it became corrupted by power hungry people who did not care about human life.

First suspected that Finch was God in this story when he refused to carry a gun or kill people indiscriminately, and when he taught the Machine in "If-then-else" that the lives of people are more important than anything.

I'm done...