JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I keep forgetting to ask at the book room, but can we still order our music on CD? We have terrible internet service that is sooo slow. And it's bad for the music, but we only have a old school cd player, I'm pretty sure MP3 home made ones would not play on it. Just wondering....

I keep forgetting to ask at the book room, but can we still order our music on CD? We have terrible internet service that is sooo slow. And it's bad for the music, but we only have a old school cd player, I'm pretty sure MP3 home made ones would not play on it. Just wondering....

Hi Heather. Yes, music on CD is still available. If the brother in the literature desk is not sure, tell him to look in the Audio section of the catalog.

You can order the old Kingdom Melodies 1 to 9, as well as the current Sing to Jehovah 1 to 4, both in choral and orchestral versions.

Edited by cvillarrubia

You might be able to find another brother or sister who would be willing to download the music and copy it to CD for you also. We do that in our congregation for those with bad or slow internet to save money for the organization.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

You may need to have someone convert he MP3 files to WMA or WAV format for you

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

That's what I am thinking Starvo! ARG, I believe you are right... about 13 years ago the brother giving us the tour did say they were changing every thing to MP3, that it would be cheaper and easier. *sigh* My garage sale stereo with audio cassette tape deck included, lol, just may not work for this. lol

CDs from the branch are the same MP3-CD format, so you might want to borrow a CD from someone in your hall before ordering a full set. (For test purposes, any semi-new CD from the branch will work, even Watchtowers.)

I'm not sure the CDs that can be ordered contain MP3. I think they are old style audio CDs.

I say this because every CD contains only around twenty songs, which last more or less 70 minutes (20 songs x 3 minutes), and weight 120 MB if you download them from jw.org. If they were MP3s many more songs could be included.

Well, I asked last night, and they did say we can order them. However, the brother suggested I download the songs maybe to my tablet while at meeting and use that. But, I would rather not... our tablet the volume does not go high enough to help us sing as a family when we are practicing... and believe me, with my singing voice I need some drowning out of vocals! lol but he's going to look into what we can order! lol