JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Convention Reminders on tv

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2558 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 1 year later...

Next week when we discuss the segment on convention reminders, the brothers handling this part have been asked to "Encourage parents to write their cell phone number on the back of the badge card of their young children. This will help attendants to contact the parents if a child gets lost."

I know full well the importance of this instruction - my 4yr-old ran off during the lunch break at an international convention and of course, got lost. The ranges of emotions I went through are indescribable! I missed the entire afternoon program! It was so hard to cooperate with the brothers in the lost and found department who asked me to sit and wait while they looked for my child. Long story short, my baby was safely returned to me. Since then, I always write my number on the back of my kids' lapel cards.

Parents with young children: PLEASE heed this instruction! PLEASE!

On 22/04/2017 at 9:45 PM, Skye said:

I know full well the importance of this instruction - my 4yr-old ran off during the lunch break at an international convention and of course, got lost. The ranges of emotions I went through are indescribable! I missed the entire afternoon program! It was so hard to cooperate with the brothers in the lost and found department who asked me to sit and wait while they looked for my child. Long story short, my baby was safely returned to me. Since then, I always write my number on the back of my kids' lapel cards.

Parents with young children: PLEASE heed this instruction! PLEASE!

Great reminder, thank you sister Fae for your experience. I hope this request is heeded, we don't want anyone to go through the agony you must have felt. 

In fact attendants in the UK we were instructed to be careful that if you find a lost child, you need to ask another attendant to accompany you at all times in the presence of the child, for obvious reasons. So it would save a lot of time worry and manpower if these situations could be reduced and by keeping a phone number on the back of the badge of their young children.

We are.. SO looking forward to the 2017 Convention. 

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."