JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sad news re: sister's death

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3250 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Rec'd an email from a brother I used to play hockey with.  An elderly sister in his congregation was murdered on the weekend by her grandson.  The grandson was disfellowshipped and had a long history of drug use/abuse.  Not much else is known at this time but thought I would pass along.

:(

http://www.680news.com/2015/05/23/homicide-detectives-investigating-elderly-womans-death-richmond-hill/

I am very sorry to her this.

It is a good reminder though to extremely limit - or BETTER - have NO association with our DFd relatives.

I don't know if she did, but Jehovah knows what He was talking about when he had 1 Cor 5:11 written:

stop keeping company with anyone called a brother who is sexually immoral or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.

Again, this news is very saddening. May Jehovah strengthen those that knew her and help them to stay ever loyal.
Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Very sorry to hear that Bro., these all will be the sign of last days as 2 timothy says.. but the sad part is that it is happening with jah's people also.. it is very heart aching thing that we too worry jah's heart by taunting him thru the enemy..

We are the only people who are known by the universal sovereign Lord jah.. but sometimes satan catches hold from one of his drove and that person is made to work for him like the Israelites did. Isn't it? !