JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

STUDENT WHO OBTAINED 0% ON AN EXAM

I would have given him 100%!  Each answer is absolutely grammatically correct, and funny too. The teacher had no sense of humor. :)

Q1.. In which battle did Napoleon die?

* his last battle

Q2.. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?

* at the bottom of the page

Q3.. River Ravi flows in which state?

* liquid

Q4.. What is the main reason for divorce?

* marriage

Q5.. What is the main reason for failure?

* exams

Q6.. What can you never eat for breakfast?

* Lunch & dinner

Q7.. What looks like half an apple?

* The other half

Q8.. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what will it become?

* Wet

Q9.. How can a man go eight days without sleeping?

* No problem, he sleeps at night.

Q10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?

*   You will never find an elephant that has one hand.

Q11. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in other hand, what would you have?

* Very large hands

Q12. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men to build it?

*No time at all, the wall is already built.

Q13. How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
*Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I would have given the student 100 per cent on Brother Greg's post. On post 4, the hypotenuse is 5 cm. This is a Pythagorean triplet. I am just sorting school papers and came across a What Not to Do Sheet I had compiled. Here's a sample:

a.)  She grew on him like a colony of E. coli on a room-temperature Australian steak.

b.) The hailstones leaped from the sidewalk, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.

c.) Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze. 

d.)The engaged couple raced toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 pm traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 pm, at a speed of 35 mph. 

e.) Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its sides compressed by a Thigh Master. 

I would have given the student 100 per cent on Brother Greg's post. On post 4, the hypotenuse is 5 cm. This is a Pythagorean triplet.

Correct!  :)

I know how to bisect a angle, but can you trisect an angle?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I know how to bisect a angle, but can you trisect an angle?

When I has in 8th grade the math teacher said it was impossible to trisect an angle. I did it the next day...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yeppers. I used angle bisectors to teach students how to find their direction anywhere in the world using the sun and an analog watch face.  :detective:

Nice. I use to know how to do that. 

I stopped wearing a watch and my phone has GPS...

If I was lost and had a watch I'd give it to someone drive me home.  :)

As for the eighth grade teacher who did not know how to trisect an angle, I am not surprised. I worked with many colleagues who did not know math or grammar, including my administrators. I was a school administrator myself, but chose to work directly with students. I am not sure if i will ever return to secular teaching, in this system. The Kingdom Ministry School is the only, consistent, organization that teaches teachers to teach. :huh:  

Nice. I use to know how to do that. 

I stopped wearing a watch and my phone has GPS...

If I was lost and had a watch I'd give it to someone drive me home.  :)

One can draw an analog watch-face on his/her own wrist, paper plate, or piece of paper. If it is night time, wait til the sun comes up. If it cloudy, take a nap til the sun comes up. :sunshine: Interestingly,(maybe?), the sun does not actually rise or set. The earth circulates around the sun. But scientists, as well as the Bible, accept the terms sunrise and sunset. 

One can draw an analog watch-face on his/her own wrist, paper plate, or piece of paper. If it is night time, wait til the sun comes up. If it cloudy, take a nap til the sun comes up. :sunshine: Interestingly,(maybe?), the sun does not actually rise or set. The earth circulates around the sun. But scientists, as well as the Bible, accept the terms sunrise and sunset. 

I think we have hijacked this thread, should we move to the Off-topic thread?