JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Armageddon Brewmeister Not afraid to rip up the rule book!

The brewers recommend drinking Snake Venom and Armageddon in small quantities rather like 'a fine Brandy' !    :D

I can only imagine. After drinking a bottle of Utopias I can understand how it can sneak up on you. You seem to keep in your mind, "Hey! It's only beer."  Before long you're not doing much thinking.

LOL Reminds me of making wine with my in laws. they would get cheese and meet trays out some nice bread and crackers. Then the wine bottling would start. They would rent a filter and start siphoning  the wine. After a while her this one is good. So a little goes into the glass. With in an hour and a half the bottle are getting filled at a lot slower pace and there is a whole lot of laughing and carrying on about the place. It was a wonder the equipment got cleaned and put away. Never liked the taste of new wine and his always had a kick to it. Before ya knew it you where laughing at anything any one said. That was a lot of work but it sure was fun. They would have 6 or 8 couples over and make an evening out of it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

LOL Reminds me of making wine with my in laws. they would get cheese and meet trays out some nice bread and crackers. Then the wine bottling would start. They would rent a filter and start siphoning  the wine. After a while her this one is good. So a little goes into the glass. With in an hour and a half the bottle are getting filled at a lot slower pace and there is a whole lot of laughing and carrying on about the place. It was a wonder the equipment got cleaned and put away. Never liked the taste of new wine and his always had a kick to it. Before ya knew it you where laughing at anything any one said. That was a lot of work but it sure was fun. They would have 6 or 8 couples over and make an evening out of it.

A local brother has a couple of wineries and since I am now retired, he promised to call me the next time they have a 'bottling day'. It's a lot of work, a lot of fun and everyone gets a case of wine!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

A local brother has a couple of wineries and since I am now retired, he promised to call me the next time they have a 'bottling day'. It's a lot of work, a lot of fun and everyone gets a case of wine!

A couple of wineries ?  He must be up in Napa valley ?  Can you invite some of us, your bare footer friends to go with you ? 

Cheryl, if you want I will send my recipe for Apple Pie moonshine.  Or peach cobbler shine. I do not like strong drinks but this is delicious.  Leave it alone for three weeks and it is smooth.  You wonder if there is alcohol in it.  My sister and I poured a tea tumble full when I made it the first time (we had been out mowing and weed eating) it was a hot August day and came in for a cold drink.  I don't know why I poured a tumbler full but any who we sat down to cool off.  We drank it down quickly to cool off and she looked at me and said "Did you put any alcohol in that?"  I said I thought I did, lets get another glass.  We both went to stand up and it was like someone used Velcro to tie us down.  We could not stand up for nothing.  We tried again, our legs were totally not working.  We just sat there and giggled.   Later we had the best sleep of our life that night.  No more sister to share those times with...

Leslie... Can I have the peach cobbler 'shine recipe?

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

Leslie... Can I have the peach cobbler 'shine recipe?

Yes Ma'am!  Let me get home this evening and I'll post it for you!  It really does taste like peach cobbler/or peach dumplings!

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

1 Fifth Bottle – 190 Proof  – Everclear
8 oz. Peach Schnapps

2 Bottles – 64 oz. each – Welch’s White Grape Peach Juice
1 1/2 cups White Sugar
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
3 cans Sliced Peaches (15-16 oz.)
6 Cinnamon Sticks
8 oz. Peach Schnapps

3 T vanilla

Directions:

In a large pot, pour in the 2 Bottles of Juice then add the
Sugars, Peaches (not drained) & Cinnamon Sticks.
Bring this to a boil stirring occasionally.

Once boiling turn down to a simmer.

Cover and simmer for an hour — remove pot from heat and let cool completely.

Now you will want to strain this with a mesh strainer or a cheesecloth.

Once it is strained to your liking — pour in the bottle of 90 proof Everclear and the 8 oz. of Peach Schnapps.

Pour into mason jars and seal — store in a cool place (refrigerator if you can) for at least 2 weeks – 6 weeks is even better. The longer it sits, the better it is.

You can leave the peaches in but they get really mushy and cloudy which gets cloudier (?) as it continues to set over time.  I like to remove the peaches from the can and set aside till the cook time is up and then spoon the peaches into the bottom of various size mason jars (used for gift giving) along with a cinnamon stick.  The Peach Schnapps really intensifies the flavor (you can use peach vodka if you prefer).  

To make a peach cobbler with ice cream Take your peach moonshine and put 2-3 ozs in a mason jar with crushed ice.  Shake vigorously for 30 seconds then strain into a rocks glass.  Take one ounce of Rum Chada and using a tablespoon turn the spoon over the top of the glass and hold it just about even to the rim then pour slowly the Run Chada over the top of the spoon.  This will layer the shine from the rum chada and makes a fancy looking drink.  Sorry about that run on sentence!

Let me know how it goes!  Enjoy!

LeslieDean

You can also substitute any type fruit (blackberry is reallllly good!) --just stick to the basic shine recipe and get creative.  I have used gooseberry (did not care for it but others liked it) or any type of pie filling or canned fruit.  I ended up combining the gooseberry with left over apple pie shine, peach cobbler, and made it a end of summer shine.  That was good! 

I hosted a party several years back and invited some friends over for a moonshine party.  I sent out invitations on mason jar invites I got from Hobby Lobby with instructions for different ones to bring mason jars, sugar, white grape juice, canned fruits of their choice.  I provided the Everclear, and various schnapps and finger foods.  We played charades and drank punch bowl sangria.  We made crazy labels for the moonshine jars and wrote the days date on them like we were the master brewers.  We had some pretty creative labels! Then we divided the jars of shine and all went home (sober).  We could taste the shine but no one could drink it for at least 3 weeks. 

LeslieDean

I saw a lady do this recipe on some homesteading youtube channel. I was intrigued that she used canned peaches. I wondered why canned and not fresh?

She was having a nice glass full and told a story how the first time she made it her and a girlfriend had a bit as they bottled it and got real tipsy REAL fast!  she said you don't realize how strong it can be. I'm looking forward to making this.

Gonna have to start a recipe box for all the wines and beers and moonshine I want to make!! 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Ya my thoughts too. I was thinking that maybe the fruit is broken down a bit and makes the hooch easier to ferment/make. She let it ferment in a cool place. not in frig, and I guess it got super high in alcohol. I ferment my other things in the cool pantry, maybe I will with my batch of hooch. Let 'cha know how it is!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34