JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What are your hobbies?

Alot of time we have hobbies the could potentially be a source of income with out us realizing it ( I know there is a thread here about making money, but i want this to be a little different)

My hobby is baking............:chef: ........ I specialize in cheesecakes and tiramisu.

I currently have created over 35 recipies for cheesecakes, and If you are wondering if they are any good , the friends from New York tell me that NY cheesecakes can't hold a candle to mine.

now one little secret I have is the use of alcohol , 99.5% of my recipies requires a "nip" of something .........

For instance:

My Oreo cheesecake requires a package of double stuft Oreos, Kahlua, Godiva white chocolate liquer, and instant coffee.

My carrot cake would never be made with out Captain Morgan private stock rum, and maple flavoring for the cream cheese frosting.

I have been asked to produce my desserts for a few restaurants but I dont have the time and proper facility, to produce the requred amounts

My carrot cake would never be made with out Captain Morgan private stock rum, and maple flavoring for the cream cheese frosting.

I'm putting in an order for a carrot cake...(you are free to put more rum in it)...LOL

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

I certainly cannot make money out of my hobby - it takes more of my money!

I am into hi-fi. I love listening to music (quite eclectic taste from classical to blues and rock!) and have a hi-fi system to do justice to it. It has taken many years to assemble it, but now I am very happy with the sound I have and can relax to good music.

I totally understand the hi-fi system, when i was 18 i was fresh out of school and in the carpenter's union in california making over 17 per hour and I LOADED my car with EV (electro-voice) 12" concert stage subs, and infinity mids and highs along with the EQ and capacitors and such.

As a result anytime there was a congregation gathering my car was invited to be the DJ's mobile sound system

I was not a bass nut like most teens back then , i built my system and fine-tuned it to replicate every nuance of a piece of music down to the drawing a bow across the strings of a guitar or the sound of fingers plucking guitar strings.

List of my hobbies

Sewing, cooking, reading books( keep getting into trouble for this ) playing ((Video games( farmville), gardens of time, cityville, cafeworld, zuma na d bejeweled blitz ...bejeweled three etc..and Ambea pico )), beading, drawing...computer stuff as well ...I'm tired just listing all of this stuff :sleep:

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

before i came into the truth i was a jazz pianist. Now my priorities are different. I love jazz!!

i'll take it up again in the new world.

http://planetsmilies.net/music-smiley-7522.gif

That is so cool! I love jazz. . . Classic to fusion.

I also love classical blues and rock, mostly instrumental. Love the japanese koto and the harp, as well as the violin. I don't play any of those yet though. . . . Just my guitar. I've got an electric and a 12 string acoustic . I play some jazz too.

My hobby is something that even the professionals can't make money from. . . LOL. . . . My hobby is astronomy. Always fascinated me. Equipment is quite costly though, so i plan to keep it a simple hobby. Love the astophysics part of it too, if i get time. (very rare). . . I haven't looked into the skies with aided eyes in months. . . . The ministry is far more gratifying than any other hobby though. . .(and no, you can't make money off that either . . . lol)

I make beaded jewelry (semi-precious gemstones and/or tiny glass seed beads), crochet (blankets, clothing, hats, scarves, lace doilies, shawls etc.) and I am also learning to knit. I also make baked breads and am thinking about selling homemade sourdough or yeast breads to any of the friends at my hall who would like some, but just enough to cover the cost of the ingredients. I cannot sell them to the public unless I meet all sorts of regulations imposed on food production here in the U.S.

When my children were young and still at home I used to sell my beaded jewelry as well as homemade tamales and hand dipped chocolates as a source of income. Now I don't sell most of what I make because I'm not in severe financial need but rather I give handmade gifts to the friends at the hall which makes me very happy.

I make beaded jewelry (semi-precious gemstones and/or tiny glass seed beads), crochet (blankets, clothing, hats, scarves, lace doilies, shawls etc.) and I am also learning to knit. I also make baked breads and am thinking about selling homemade sourdough or yeast breads to any of the friends at my hall who would like some, but just enough to cover the cost of the ingredients. I cannot sell them to the public unless I meet all sorts of regulations imposed on food production here in the U.S.

When my children were young and still at home I used to sell my beaded jewelry as well as homemade tamales and hand dipped chocolates as a source of income. Now I don't sell most of what I make because I'm not in severe financial need but rather I give handmade gifts to the friends at the hall which makes me very happy.

That's cool (tu)

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

I am a tile setter by trade, but I consider it my craft but not my hobby.

As for hobbies, web design in the areas of html, javascript, perl and one time but php today, are things that I love. This forum and a number of other sites are products of my tinkering around with code.

I also like to juggle. A group of us had a club where I grew up. One of my friends performs for Cirque du Soleil, another does cruise ships and was on America's Got Talent tonight.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Extremely cute shoes! I love crocheting [especially baby things] and cross-stitch.My other hobby is bird watching. I keep track of all the local birds I've seen in a bird log. Not long ago I saw a Bald Eagles nest with the mom,dad and two babies.1/2 hour from my house. Very exciting.

I enjoy sewing and make baby shoes :)

38793=1503-Image001 - Copy.jpg

Alot of time we have hobbies the could potentially be a source of income with out us realizing it ( I know there is a thread here about making money, but i want this to be a little different)

My hobby is baking............:chef: ........ I specialize in cheesecakes and tiramisu.

Why don't you make an e-cookbook and sell it????? I'd get one.:chef:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

II also like to juggle. A group of us had a club where I grew up. One of my friends performs for Cirque du Soleil, another does cruise ships and was on America's Got Talent tonight.

I was watching AGT last night (love the show) but I fell asleep. Who was your friend? They usually show the rerun either Fri. or Sat. night I think so I can watch for them then.

Love hearing about everyone's hobbies and love those cute baby shoes!! My hobby is photography. I got my first dslr 3 years ago and have been hooked ever since. I take lots of pictures of my kids but also really enjoy macro photography. I haven't made any money from my photography yet but I do have the opportunity to start selling my macro work in a friend's gift shop. I'm really excited about it. I took me a long to to find something I was good at and it's been a very rewarding/satisfying experience. :)

5746510864_2a720aa396_z.jpg

Untitled by KatherineNaomi, on Flickr

And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Love hearing about everyone's hobbies and love those cute baby shoes!! My hobby is photography. I got my first dslr 3 years ago and have been hooked ever since. I take lots of pictures of my kids but also really enjoy macro photography. I haven't made any money from my photography yet but I do have the opportunity to start selling my macro work in a friend's gift shop. I'm really excited about it. I took me a long to to find something I was good at and it's been a very rewarding/satisfying experience. :)

5746510864_2a720aa396_z.jpg

Untitled by KatherineNaomi, on Flickr

nice flowers

:flowers:

My intentions have always been to make a cheesecake cookbook , but i want to have alteast 50 recipies before publishing one

I am currently working on a banana split cheesecake and a pina colada cheesecake

My intentions have always been to make a cheesecake cookbook , but i want to have alteast 50 recipies before publishing one

I am currently working on a banana split cheesecake and a pina colada cheesecake

I think I'll put in a advance order for that cookbook please :wave:

I have simplified the art of making cheesecakes to 1 basic recipie , then each flavor has its own "add ins"

I Love cheesecake! You should start selling them. You can FedEx them almost anywhere in one day. I know of several "Home bakers" that do this.

If you want to send me a sample, I will be glad to write a review for your new web business! :tongue: