JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What are your hobbies?

I have simplified the art of making cheesecakes to 1 basic recipie , then each flavor has its own "add ins"

I Love cheesecake! You should start selling them. You can FedEx them almost anywhere in one day. I know of several "Home bakers" that do this.

If you want to send me a sample, I will be glad to write a review for your new web business! :tongue:

Yeah, he wants a sample of each kind.:lol1:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

II also like to juggle. A group of us had a club where I grew up. One of my friends performs for Cirque du Soleil, another does cruise ships and was on America's Got Talent tonight.

I was watching AGT last night (love the show) but I fell asleep. Who was your friend? They usually show the rerun either Fri. or Sat. night I think so I can watch for them then.

Charles Peachock is the one that was on AGT last night. His brother Mark is in Cirque du Soleil. Mark is a year older than me, and Charlie graduated the same class as I did (1994). Them, a half dozen others, and myself used to be the "Tree City Jugglers" and we're also in the "Rubber City Jugglers" club. I performed some local talent shows and wedding receptions for some brothers and sisters, as well as the Memorial Day parade 3 years in a row, and then kinda got bored of it. These 2 however built their lives around it.

Here is a video of Charlie...

I cannot do everything he can, but I can do much of it still.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 5 years later...
18 minutes ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

I started sculpting. :) Its my new hobby. Do we have any one who does sculpting? 

I certainly lack the skills to sculp anything.

You might be interested in Moana Ponder, not JWTalk member, but a special pioneer from Texas, now living in Novato California. She does bronzes.

Google "Moana Ponder sculpture"

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

29 minutes ago, Old said:

You might be interested in Moana Ponder, not JWTalk member, but a special pioneer from Texas, now living in Novato California. She does bronzes.

Old,

Thank you. I googled her and found amazing work by her. Nice to know we have talented ones out there. I wondered if we have here on JWTalk any one who does sculpting. Its a great thing to sculp. Have a go brother you may enjoy it.  

A little more on Moana Ponder. She is my sister-in-law's sister-in-law. Somewhere I saw a Moana Ponder listed as as an American sculpturess. I got a hold on my sister-in-law and asked if that was the Moana I knew, and Gloria confirmed that it was. Moana and her husband were distant freinds, they have been to our house a few times. I emailed congadulations to Moana on her being noted so well. Moana and she replied that some of her work was in a Gallery at Cannon Beach, Oregon, just up HWY 101. (Cannon Beach is where Normaclutter and Bagwell1997 were visiting last week. See post a photo) Anyway to make a long story short my wife and I visited the Gallery. Moana's bronzes were very appealing. I would have bought one but I was a little  short on cash at the time. About seven thousand dollars short. :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

6 minutes ago, Old said:

A little more on Moana Ponder. She is my sister-in-law's sister-in-law. Somewhere I saw a Moana Ponder listed as as an American sculpturess. I got a hold on my sister-in-law and asked if that was the Moana I knew, and Gloria confirmed that it was. Moana and her husband were distant freinds, they have been to our house a few times. I emailed congadulations to Moana on her being noted so well. Moana and she replied that some of her work was in a Gallery at Cannon Beach, Oregon, just up HWY 101. (Cannon Beach is where Normaclutter and Bagwell1997 were visiting last week. See post a photo) Anyway to make a long story short my wife and I visited the Gallery. Moana's bronzes were very appealing. I would have bought one but I was a little  short on cash at the time. About seven thousand dollars short. :(

Old,

Just 7,000? :D 

Yes, I saw some of her work through Google search. I liked them a lot. She is a very talanted sister. 

Wish I would have a friend  close to us in London to get some advice on sculpting for the beginners. Sculpting is really nice thing to do. Its like bringing out your inner emotions, into physical, sort of materialising your emotions.   

2 hours ago, Old said:

Novato...sounds like a nice day trip if she has a gallery or studio we can visit...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Currently working through Canine Good Citizen with my dog. It really encourages responsible dog ownership the aim is for a dog be a respected member of the community because it is trained and conditioned to act with good manners in the home, in public, and in the presence of other dogs.