JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Cell phones and sleep

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3180 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I need to pay attention to this as I tend to read on my phone before bed

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/smartphone-impact-brain-body-sleep-2015-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

The only time I keep my cell phone in the same room with me is if the weather threatens to get severe during sleep hours.  I want to be able to hear the weather warnings (like last night when we had tornado watches till 3:00 a.m. and severe thunderstorm warnings).  

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

The only time I keep my cell phone in the same room with me is if the weather threatens to get severe during sleep hours.  I want to be able to hear the weather warnings (like last night when we had tornado watches till 3:00 a.m. and severe thunderstorm warnings).  

Or get weather updates from friends!  ;)

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

I work in the field for my company visiting clients, so I am on my phone all day answering emails, text, phone, checking status on our company website. Then I have my kids texting me non stop through out the day, or my husband, all of them asking, "can I go here", "have you seen my_____", "won't be home for dinner", lol.

So the last thing I want to do before bed is look at my phone.

Guess I am one of those "statistic anomalies" since I have never needed more than 5-6 hours of sleep a night. In fact, if I try to get 8 every night, I get groggy and run down.

I can drink or eat chocolate, Pepsi or other caffeine laden things and go right to sleep (I don't like coffee). I can watch TV or work on the computer and fall right to sleep.

As I have gotten older, I can sit down and go right to sleep regardless of how much sleep I do or do not get.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I'm torn on this one, on the one hand I love my sleep but on the other I feel like I get a lot more done in my personal life after 10pm. Some of which requires me to use the computer or tablet. I can say that it does keep me awake for a bit longer but it never stops me from sleeping eventually. In fact as Bro. John said, I can find myself with the best intentions of doing something on my computer and next thing I know I'm asleep.  :lol: