JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Determined to worship Jehovah...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3194 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

At our RC, we have eight spanking brand new Jehovah's witnesses!!! Yayyyy! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

There was one brother there though that bought tears to your eyes with his determination. He walked to the pool site with two legs but only one he was born with. The other was artificial. But that's not all. Before he stepped into the pool, he stood right there, took off the artificial one, along with the stump I guess served as a thigh (?), and with assistance tried to get into the pool, at least he tried. But it wasn't enough even with the brothers help. So he sat down on the steps leading into the pool, scouped himself down into the water until it came up into his chin and from there the brothers were able to take over. But that's not all.

Now it's time for the immersion. And as we know, in harmony with the Scriptures by Jesus' example, it has to be TOTAL immersion. That wasn't happening! Three or four times he had to be immersed because each time the brothers tried, a leg, an arm, would pop up out of the water. But he was determined so not one complaint or sound or facial expression, or etc, came from him.

Finally, that I can't even explain here...it happened. He was baptized!!! We all clapped.

It kinda reminds me of a case of a brand new sister during her baptism. She was afraid of the water or to go down in it. The brothers tried their best to help her. Finally, they came up with an idea and it worked! She was baptized. What was the idea? They went down with her and came up with her! Such love! :) We all clapped!

Edited by Luezette

Sis. Lu

At our RC, we have eight spanking brand new Jehovah's witnesses!!! Yayyyy! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

There was one brother there though that bought tears to your eyes with his determination. He walked to the pool site with two legs but only one he was born with. The other was artificial. But that's not all. Before he stepped into the pool, he stood right there, took off the artificial one, along with the stump I guess served as a thigh (?), and with assistance tried to get into the pool, at least he tried. But it wasn't enough even with the brothers help. So he sat down on the steps leading into the pool, scouped himself down into the water until it came up into his chin and from there the brothers were able to take over. But that's not all.

Now it's time for the immersion. And as we know, in harmony with the Scriptures by Jesus' example, it has to be TOTAL immersion. That wasn't happening! Three or four times he had to be immersed because each time the brothers tried, a leg, an arm, would pop up out of the water. But he was determined so not one complaint or sound or facial expression, or etc, came from him.

Finally, that I can't even explain here...it happened. He was baptized!!! We all clapped.

It kinda reminds me of a case of a brand new sister during her baptism. She was afraid of the water or to go down in it. The brothers tried their best to help her. Finally, they came up with an idea and it worked! She was baptized. What was the idea? They went down with her and came up with her! Such love! :) We all clapped!

Thank you for sharing this sis! It bought tears to my eyes...

Thanks for sharing that heart-warming experience!  :D 

While my Sister Lori was getting baptized,

I was in charge of her three-and-a-half-year-old daughter, Alicia.  

Alicia watched her mom being baptized and then told everyone we encountered,

for the entire rest of the convention, "My Mom got dunked.

My Mom got dunked.  My Mom got dunked."

Alicia got dunked herself and now has a three-and-a-half-year-old daughter of her own.  

I hope Alicia explains to Quinn that the brothers doing the dunking

aren't being mean to those being baptized.  

They WANNA get 'dunked'. ^_^  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif