JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

question for married sisters

I have a question for married sisters..

What are you doing reading this post when you could be in the kitchen baking your husband a nice apple pie? ;)

*runs for cover*

If you will re-read the question, Matthew, I believe she stated she was doing laundry, making dinner and ironing whilst typing online--and the same goes for all of us sisters who are reading and posting. Now put down that bacon butty and buy your wife or mum some flowers and chocolate after mowing the grass and fixing that leaky faucet.......

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

• 1 month later...

I was married in July, I started the pill in May it worked 1st month I was married- I was on LoLo I didnt like the effects it had on me physically and emotional as well. I quit the pill ASAP after marriage.  That being said i looked up a few things, and we decided to track ovulation.... what everything failed to say was, 1st month your cycle is long, next back to normal.  We are expecting out 1st little one in April 2016 now.  definitely a shocker but we couldn't be anymore excided. 

Also we looked at the patch to use but found out your chance of pregnancy is higher and if you were to get pregnant on the patch its most likely to not attach right which medically would cause you harm and the baby and some sites also said they would have to abort it. :(

Short an abortion I think we should adopt a don't ask, don't tell, policy of birth control. Some how it seems worse when a woman has surgical procedure to prevent a birth. Some winking of eye for the for men. Research it, let you conscience be your guide.

On the whole I think that the readily availability of birth control has diminished the life of us that are of the older generation. In our case we will never have great grand children (in this system). I loved our grandchildren and would dearly love to have great grand children. Maybe a great grand daughter.

I think there is a degree of selfishness expressed in deciding to not have children period. Good for you! I miss the following generation. I can track my ancestors all the way back to to Constantinople, he had a Latin name. On the modern end of my family his name is Korey. Is that a real name? (Actually it is a good name and is growing all the time.)

If "Grumpy's Wife'" had not taken that moniker, I would have taken the moniker of "Grumpy".

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I almost died both times with my two children and my health is still very fragile ... so hubby had to ... ya ... but only because it was medically advised we would not have otherwise. we did all the research before hand as well.

I have a question for married sisters..

What are you doing reading this post when you could be in the kitchen baking your husband a nice apple pie? ;)

*runs for cover*

Husband doesn't like apple pie.
Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

It's a rotten, expensive system to bring kids into, imo. To be honest, I actually feel a bit sad when I hear someone is pregnant - tho I never express that feeling. "Woe to the pregnant woman and those suckling a baby..." and all that.. :(

Far from being selfish, I view it as practical and rather heroic to put off having children. But I do agree with "don't ask, don't tell" regarding a couple's method of prevention. It's seriously no one's business.

Originally posed by Old

Short an abortion I think we should adopt a don't ask, don't tell, policy of birth control. Some how it seems worse when a woman has surgical procedure to prevent a birth. Some winking of eye for the for men. Research it, let you conscience be your guide.....

Jerry, I recall a detailed article about vasectomies which seemed to indicate that the authors had no idea about the whole thing...

They were writing about it as if it was a 'turn it off... turn it on' thing, whereas there is no real guarantee that a vasectomy can be reversed.

The thrust of the article was that it shouldn't be used as a means of contraception. But they were talking about reversals and then having it done again to suit the current needs.

It just doesn't work like that...

Jerry, I recall a detailed article about vasectomies which seemed to indicate that the authors had no idea about the whole thing...

They were writing about it as if it was a 'turn it off... turn it on' thing, whereas there is no real guarantee that a vasectomy can be reversed.

The thrust of the article was that it shouldn't be used as a means of contraception. But they were talking about reversals and then having it done again to suit the current needs.

It just doesn't work like that...

For what it is worth, I had a Bible study who had a vasectomy from his first worldly marriage. Second wife now both JWs wanted to have a baby. The vasectomy was reversed and she became pregnant. What are the odds? I don't know. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Being on the pill for 6 months caused me over 15 years of pure misery. Dibilatating migraines for 72 hours straight - the kind where I couldn't stand, eat, drink, be exposed to light or sound and was throwing up all that time. Who knows what else it caused (I could be sitting here right now with an aneurism in my brain for all I know). I would not recommend going on the pill for anyone. In fact, two girls in my congregation who asked my advice and then went on it anyways, quickly went off when they experienced adverse side effects and sooner or later, there are almost always side effects. There are other ways to prevent pregnancy - this one shouldn't even be considered, in my opinion.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

By the way, we also had a sister whose husband got a vacestomy recently. The doctor told him 1% of them don't "take". Wouldn't you know it - he was the 1%! They had a baby 9 months later.

By the way, we also had a sister whose husband got a vacestomy recently. The doctor told him 1% of them don't "take". Wouldn't you know it - he was the 1%! They had a baby 9 months later.

They are meant to take precautions for a few weeks not months sorry after until all the 'pipes' are cleared properly,

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Well it may of been later than 9 months - he is an EMT so I'm sure he followed those directions. All I know, is that it seemed quite soon afterwards that she was pregnant again (time for us Witnesses seems to go faster for some reason!)

For what it is worth, I had a Bible study who had a vasectomy from his first worldly marriage. Second wife now both JWs wanted to have a baby. The vasectomy was reversed and she became pregnant. What are the odds? I don't know. 

My worldly sister married a man who is 6 months older than our mother, his kids were about my sister's age. He had his vasectomy reversed and they had 3 kids right in a row at the same time my brother-in-law's kids were having kids. 

I think it happens quite a bit. 

Well even if it does happen quite a bit, I think the brother was referring to what the FDS actually wrote. They wrote a article on it, and said this needed to be seriously thought about... because of the not on and off switch when reversed, and the sanctity of our reproduction as a gift from Jehovah. It's a very very serious decision. Life risking is of course a serious reason to make the decision.. but just because you wish not to have a baby in this system... maybe not as serious... however, the FDS does basically say if you do choose a vasectomy or such... it should be a don't ask don't tell thing.. do NOT spread it around, could cause loss of privileges with out getting them back. 

Here is what I think is the original article. There is absolutely no "rule" stated here and a lot of room for consideration of individual circumstances. To me the counsel is to take it very seriously, just like any major decision that involves our bodies and our health.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w19990615/sterilization-procedures/

I know a lot of sisters who have had their tubes tied, especially after having several children. I'm not sure why a vasectomy would be any different. It doesn't say it would result in loss of privileges without getting them back -- at least that's not my

impression.

If a married couple knew they would not be able to adequately provide for children, and had no desire to have children, or they knew they were at risk for passing on a life-threatening or debilitating illness on to a child, I don't see how anyone could find fault with taking responsible measures to prevent that.