JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Reason for joining

17 hours ago, Dages said:

Ho... That's how I found it? Thank you 2011 me :D

David, so it's 'back to the future' for you then.

I was doing an internet trawl, seeking to see if there was a valid and trustworthy site to plug into and found one!

It's also great to be able to liaise with other brothers and sisters around the world, even if in the new world, they come up and say "aren't you that brother who was sometimes just a pain in the butt"?

I have only been on here for just over a year now. I joined because I was looking for spiritually minded, lateral thinkng friends - because people who fit that description are very hard to find. I lurked for ages, just checking that the site was reputable. I could see it wasn't a place apostacy was tolerated but I wanted to check it wasn't full of people with ego-fueled agendas (apostates in their larval form).

I am very glad to say that I have found many "spiritually minded, lateral thinking friends" :)

If we are brutally honest a lot of the friends would look down on this site, and think that we were "dodgy" for being on it, I certainly have recieved ostracism a couple of times where I have let it slip I use this forum, so even to be on here you have to qualify as being "lateral thinking". The content is 100% spiritual. Even the threads that appear to be more secular in nature are completely woven through with scripture, spiritual perpectives, loving bible based encouragement and interesting thoughts from people's personal study.

I grew up in a house where my Mum said it was important to "stitch Jehovah through everything we do" - That is what I see on this website.

I am very grateful for it. It is a safe haven. 

Sure there are some big personalities on here, but the friction is handled in a way that feels a bit like family - I've had PMs sent to me when things have been a bit tense where a user comes on and says "Listen, don't mind so-and-so, they don't mean anything it's just there manner / they're struggling with x,y or z" - It seems people here are actively peacable (Romans 12:18) - which is a not the case in most other places online.

Thanks so much to all the Moderators and contributers - great job people!