JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Reason for joining

i`ve joined because i`ve google`d for "the end of religions" and one of the sites was this one. soo... i`m here now' date=' and my wife also, mara!!!!!! i know you will see this... love you:heart: thank you for the best 11 years of my life (we are doing 11 years of marriage next 1º july)[/quote'] Happy Anniversary Mara & Miro!

40725=1639-anniversary-scenic-icon.jpg

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

I joined because, for one thing, I enjoy the association of brothers and sisters from all over the world. I also like the fresh perspective given on such a variety of topics. I'll read a post and think "Wow! I never thought of it that way. Great point."

Of course we always should do our own personal study of the Bible but it's nice to get different views of a certain topic.

I totally agree and I think the forum encourages personal study, as we can share our finds with our many friends. It is full of interesting topics e.g. when we are asked to imagine the New World - there are more imaginative people than me on here having some interesting 'mental meanderings'.

We have lovely kind folk in our congregation, but reading and personal study is not very deep for most, nor a topic of conversation. I would spend 'after meeting time' listening to others going on about how their homes were decorated, their latest fashion bargains, make up, jobs, holidays and cars and would yearn to chat about something interesting I'd found in my study, but few seemed interested and I didn't want to seem too nerdy or geeky. Most of our older experienced ones have died off or my Mother has got severe dementia now (heartbreaking as we used to share study points before her stroke in 2002) and our pioneers have moved on to Circuit work leaving one infirm pioneer and a single brother who has just started last September. The older ones left are fairly new in the Truth, so the forum gives a wider spectrum of interests and people.>:D<:yes:

I Joined after finding it on one of my many Google searches. I usually go on Facebook but i've found myself more inclined to come here now - as already mentioned, it is better moderated. I also enjoy the upbuilding conversations and its what I need. I'm only young, and being a teenager can be hard, especially in this world. I'm happy though, to have contact with brothers and sisters who are genuinely lovely people and who can supply the encouragement that i need when i'm not at the meetings and out on the ministry. :wave::)

Just to add, My mother has made an account too (today) so hopefully she will see what i mean about the love shown here :)

:welcome: Dina.... its great to have you both here with us :)

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

. I was also in an MSN group called JWOTW (Jehovah's Witnesses on the Web).

Yes - Brother I am/was also on the JWOTW group. My MSN got messed up! I could never retrieve my emails - and often tried to reset my password to no avail....LOL. But - I don't mind - I found the friends here and I am truly enjoying it! I recall some of the friends as I write. I hope this message posts.

Personally I have reached that point in time when i need a friend,a close one.so this site came in handy because it helps me change my focus everytime i start feeling lonly:(

My ministry as a regular pioneer has also been very helpful.

I have really enjoyed the stay here even if it has been only a few days.thanks brothers and sisters for the help

Personally I have reached that point in time when i need a friend,a close one.so this site came in handy because it helps me change my focus everytime i start feeling lonly:(

My ministry as a regular pioneer has also been very helpful.

I have really enjoyed the stay here even if it has been only a few days.thanks brothers and sisters for the help

Hi eve, I hope you find what you are looking for here.--Keep up the hard work pioneering, jehovah will reward you!:)

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

• 1 year later...

I Joined after finding it on one of my many Google searches. I usually go on Facebook but i've found myself more inclined to come here now - as already mentioned, it is better moderated. I also enjoy the upbuilding conversations and its what I need. I'm only young, and being a teenager can be hard, especially in this world. I'm happy though, to have contact with brothers and sisters who are genuinely lovely people and who can supply the encouragement that i need when i'm not at the meetings and out on the ministry. :wave::)

:welcome:         Dina & Mom. you will  :heart: this dwelling place that keeps you encouraged and well balance.  :D

Other sites are such scary unmoderated places, you just don't feel safe. Joined facebook after de-activating over being pestered, learned the privacy rules and only link with my husband's new family for their photo's. Don't link with any JW's on there - prefer the privacy of email or this forum. 

It's bad enough being linked with family though, as one new found family member takes endless photo's of her meals and notifies me every time she does weed pulling in her garden or does her laundry -seems to be a lovely person, but wish she would 'get a life', maybe if there was a chance of Witnessing to her or Witnesses calling she could!! Early days yet though for us, we hardly know her. Facebook can just waste your time and dissolve your brain to mush if you let too much of it's inaneness take over!

I don't feel that on here, sooo glad I joined! Everyone is kind and when you get on the wavelength of the humour , etc, you feel the warmth. We can share the encouragement beyond that of just our home congregation and all of us, whether in our local congregation or internationally on this forum, help chew over the meatier spiritual stuff we are provided with, so that we can all digest/understand it better together and feel a part of or keep up with what's really going on.

Helen stated    "It's bad enough being linked with family though, as one new found family member takes endless photo's of her meals and notifies me every time she does weed pulling in her garden or does her laundry -seems to be a lovely person, but wish she would 'get a life', maybe if there was a chance of Witnessing to her or Witnesses calling she could!! Early days yet though for us, we hardly know her. Facebook can just waste your time and dissolve your brain to mush if you let too much of it's inaneness take over!"

Helen--I just weed eated my flower beds and planted some petunias!  After that I went inside and did a load of wash, then settled down and had a bite to eat--if only I could get it downloaded I would send you a picture of the hamburger and fries (in case you have never seen one before)!

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

one day I googled 'Jehovah's Witnesses' to see if we were in the news anywhere then found this site, however only last week got internet connection at my home to be able to join the forum... was formerly running to library once each wk to check jw.org for latest new & mags...

it isn't really possible to share in a forum too well from the library internet once each week

I joined because I spend much of my time visiting our older & ailing friends... and while I do truly LOVE their companionship and

years of spiritual insight not to mention some pretty funny stories, sometimes you benefit from a fresh outlook:

" that's a great point, never thought of it from that angle"

so far really enjoy the spiritual texture of the board and of course the humor :) 

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

I can't remember how I stumbled upon the site but I am so grateful I did!  I joined because I wanted a place to share encouragement and ask questions and connect with more of my spiritual family. Sadly our congregation has a bit of an apathetic attitude and sometimes isn't extremely encouraging. I hate to even say that, but it's true. :( 

Like many here, I just stumbled upon this site after looking for something 'reputable' for years.  Everything I pulled up before seemed to be run by apostates or just those who hated JWs.  Also, I am not a Facebook fan.  This is because I am 1) trying to keep what little privacy I have left to me, and, 2) since I have relatives and past acquaintances not in the Truth who would probably seek me out, heaven only knows what would end up getting posted there!  It's bad enough that I sometimes receive questionable material from them.  I don't want anyone else being exposed to that!

So happy to have found this site, where I feel we are all serving Jehovah shoulder to shoulder.  :)

Hugs to all,

Jules

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

• 10 years later...