JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Reason for joining

I have noticed that over the last few weeks the number of new members is increasing rapidly.

Latest number is over 1000.

I thought that it might be interesting to see why everyone decided to join.

As for me it was pure chance that I stumbled on the site and as it looked a site that could be trusted I decided to

join.

Of course I also wanted not only to read up building comments and experiences but also contribute somehow too.

How about you?

Well I joined through facebook.....Bro. Angle left a link on the Jehovah's Witnesses group over there.....and as usual I was curious and joined up to see what was going on :readbible:

(Note: Do be careful friends because that is a way to get into trouble with inadvertantly finding apostates:eek: )

Another qusetion are there anyother forums like this ?:wave:

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

I joined because, for one thing, I enjoy the association of brothers and sisters from all over the world. I also like the fresh perspective given on such a variety of topics. I'll read a post and think "Wow! I never thought of it that way. Great point."

Of course we always should do our own personal study of the Bible but it's nice to get different views of a certain topic.

I can't remember how I found the forum but I joined because I was looking for a way to have encouraging association while I am at work. I work 7 days on and 7 days off. I listen to the meetings via telephone but my association is limited so this site helps me with that. I can go out in service mostly every week so that works too. So far I have truly enjoyed my time here. I do have one pioneer friend who is upset with me for joining, but so far I don't feel compromised.

40405=1614-theBible.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I too just stumbled across this site. I was tired of looking at the news sites - always the same thing. I wanted something positive and to see what was going on around the world. WOW! is all I can say when I found this site. I too was worried about apostates, but noticed that the site was moderated.

So far so good. I had a mental fantasy yesterday of going and visiting everyone here on the site and what it would be like to go to lunch / diner with everyone in their respective countries. Can you imagine what that would cost?!

Anyway, I am extremely happy to be here with all of you. :crush:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I was referred by another sister. She said it was a safe place to be. I am also on a depression group just for sisters and have been for many years. I was on two other witness only groups that went down the drain when the owners of the group went apostate or went nutty! That was very hard because one forms great friendships even through the written word. Saying that reminded me of - oh - I forgot the brother's name... the one who was imprisoned in China for years. Anyway he met his wife through the written word. HAROLD KING!!!! OK, you have just experienced old brain happening in front of your eyes. :wheelchair: Brother King met his wife through other witnesses and married her after many letters. In fact, the first time they met in real life is when they married. Can that be compared to internet dating? LOL

I love gathering for fine association with my brothers and sisters. I love the interaction and the true brotherhood. I also love that most of the time we are on the same page because the truth unites us in a special way. And we can feel free to say what is truly in our hearts without others thinking we are crazy. Jehovah loves mixed 'nuts'! >:D<

I came to assimilate you all! assimulated.gif

Seriously, I enjoy a good discussion and even conflicting ideas that let us use our powers of reason.

Then resistance is futile. :D

I had a personal invitation and declined, then had another and accepted. I enjoy the fellowship, seeing people's experiences, being encouraged by others and what they have overcome, and especially appreciate the assistance I have had from other individual brothers and sisters in finding things I have had a difficult time finding in my own research.

Saying that reminded me of - oh - I forgot the brother's name... the one who was imprisoned in China for years. Anyway he met his wife through the written word. HAROLD KING!!!!

This must have been his first wife maybe, because Harold King married Nathan Knorr's widow in later years.

I believe I was looking for JW "talks" to download...(that was pre-the KM that discouraged it)..:secret:

did a search an got a peek of this site, i was immediately drawn to the WT- link as well as the Bible Highlights, and the BookStudy link.

I joined, and those topic remain my "favorites" to this day. :wave:

Ps. Having to join this group was also a term of my probation....:upsidedown:

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Saying that reminded me of - oh - I forgot the brother's name... the one who was imprisoned in China for years. Anyway he met his wife through the written word. HAROLD KING!!!!

This must have been his first wife maybe, because Harold King married Nathan Knorr's widow in later years.

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

It seems I was mistaken about this. I had read the Sister Knorr's life story and thought I remembered that she married Harold King after Nathan passed away, but I can't find the article, so until I do, I retract my comment. :tongue:

I am personally acquainted with Audrey Knorr . She was in our tiny congregation in Colo before she went to Bethel and 10 yrs later married Bro. Knorr. After he passed away, she married Glenn Hyde and the last time I saw her in Walkill, she was not married. The article in WT. about her is in the July 1, 2004. Her whole family were very close friends of my family. Her mother was in our cong. until she died as one of the anointed (a memorial partaker). We saw her Brother Russell in NYC in 1998. He was the factory overseer.

I am personally acquainted with Audrey Knorr . She was in our tiny congregation in Colo before she went to Bethel and 10 yrs later married Bro. Knorr. After he passed away, she married Glenn Hyde and the last time I saw her in Walkill, she was not married. The article in WT. about her is in the July 1, 2004. Her whole family were very close friends of my family. Her mother was in our cong. until she died as one of the anointed (a memorial partaker). We saw her Brother Russell in NYC in 1998. He was the factory overseer.

I just finished reading her life story again and I had two life stories completely mixed up! LOL

Thanks for the information though!

I had been a member of Witness Online, PureLanguage.net, Touchstone Forum's Interchange (now Crossroads), and one previously called The JW Zone. I was also in an MSN group called JWOTW (Jehovah's Witnesses on the Web).

A busy time in my life kept me away from these forums for a few months, and then when I tried to return to them, they had all disappeared... literallly. I found out later that the webmasters of 2 of them had taken their forums down after something was printed in a Kingdom Ministry (applied to the extreme, if you don't mind me saying), another had an admin turn apostate and they took it down and set it up under another name, Microsoft trashed MSN groups, and the old Interchange was taken down for personal reasons.

In the wake of all this destruction, some of the former Interchange members tried to resurrect it as "Crossroads" but it is mostly dead. I and some others registered jwtalk.com, .net, and .org in September 2006 and started trying out some software. For a year it was just a small group of us who had gotten close to one another online, as well as people in my own congregation and some other locals, but it eventually fell to disuse.

In the meantime, I had stumbled across some relatively active Yahoo groups. I started started inviting people who I could clearly tell were real witnesses from the other groups. We grew steadily and had several forums here instead of just the one you see now. In early 2009 I joined Facebook as did just about everyone else. Initially, I met more trustworthy people and things kept picking up, but then the majority of people abandoned it as they got sucked up in the Facebook fad.

The problem with Facebook JW groups though was 1) lack of moderation - which allowed concentrated infiltrations from apostates on a regular basis, and 2) lack of any quality discussion - the JW users would post stuff that had been forwarded in email for years, take credit for the work themselves, and then all pat eachother on the back. It was like lining up synthetic encouragement on the mirror and snorting it up the nose - and I couldn't stand it, and 3) the ego that comes along with me-ism oriented social networks. No matter what you say in a Facebook JW group, someone will counsel you for no other reason than their spirituality has to be bigger than yours.

So, instead of closing the nearly dead forum down, we decided to go a little more public with this instead of being all secretive and referral only. I personally felt that there is a need for a forum like this since virtually none exist. I added the front page with the news articles to feed hungry Google, knowing it would eventually leave a trail for others looking for a place like this, and got me a good team of moderators.

It's a work in progress, but it is all of you that make it successful. We've been growing again for 18 months straight.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I really enjoy this site but I never wanted to be on Facebook. I just want you to know I appreciate all the time and effort you put into it and keep it something we can enjoy and not be afraid of getting info that is not in harmony with the Bible. Thanks again and keep up the good work!!

I remember Witnesses Online. That was quite a while back, right Bob?

I got singed when one site went down in flames. The owner became an apostate. It was horrible. My good friend and I left lickety split! It took me a while before I would trust another online group. But this group is very well moderated and keeps things very much in check.

I am so happy to be here and get to know many more in 'the family.' I made lots of friends and have met MANY brothers and sisters from forums. My kids went to Busch Gardens with a large group of brothers that came to Florida. It was just wonderful. They were just as they appeared online. And two of my best friends I met online. They are both so wonderful and have enriched my life tremendously!>:D<

Chris

i`ve joined because i`ve google`d for "the end of religions" and one of the sites was this one. soo... i`m here now, and my wife also, mara!!!!!!

i know you will see this... love you:heart:

thank you for the best 11 years of my life (we are doing 11 years of marriage next 1º july)

i`ve joined because i`ve google`d for "the end of religions" and one of the sites was this one. soo... i`m here now' date=' and my wife also, mara!!!!!! i know you will see this... love you:heart: thank you for the best 11 years of my life (we are doing 11 years of marriage next 1º july)[/quote']

40719=1638-Happy Anniversery.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.