JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Does anyone twitter....

I follow a few twitterers but I don't tweet. For example:

Breaking News

USGS

Quake Reports

EarthPic

NASA Earth Observatory

and some others that I add or delete as my interest waxes and wanes, none are social tweets, only news and natural phenomenon.

I just learned about this....

http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/

I already love Google products more than anything else, and I really hope that the above deals a serious blow to Facebook.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I just learned about this....

http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/

I already love Google products more than anything else, and I really hope that the above deals a serious blow to Facebook.

What if I may ask do you have against facebook ?:wave:

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

1 - Privacy

Facebook is engineered to expose and jeopardize the privacy of my friends and I. With each redesign, my privacy settings have been reset to their defaults, and Facebook's default is 'Share everything with everyone'. Even people from my past before I was in the truth who have tried to use the platform and harass me - whom I blocked - have become unblocked and free to harass me again.

FYI - Facebook is currently testing another site redesign that it will be rolling out to everyone soon.

2 - Applications

I have over 200 applications blocked, and block one or two each and every day. I am there to socially interact, not send ecards, hearts, join your Mafia, or tend the fields in your fake farm.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1 - Privacy

Facebook is engineered to expose and jeopardize the privacy of my friends and I. With each redesign, my privacy settings have been reset to their defaults, and Facebook's default is 'Share everything with everyone'. Even people from my past before I was in the truth who have tried to use the platform and harass me - whom I blocked - have become unblocked and free to harass me again.

FYI - Facebook is currently testing another site redesign that it will be rolling out to everyone soon.

2 - Applications

I have over 200 applications blocked, and block one or two each and every day. I am there to socially interact, not send ecards, hearts, join your Mafia, or tend the fields in your fake farm.

@1 I see ...I'll need to double check my setings again......:ohmy:

@2...the farms are cool ...but iget what you are saying....although I have met anumbe rof witnesses that play farmville...it's funny how one may end up letting the plants whither and at how another will sound out the alarm that that sister needs help on her farm ( I know it can be off topic but I thought it was cute ) :D

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

1 - Privacy

2 - Applications

@1 I see ...I'll need to double check my setings again......:ohmy:

@2...the farms are cool ...but iget what you are saying....although I have met anumbe rof witnesses that play farmville...it's funny how one may end up letting the plants whither and at how another will sound out the alarm that that sister needs help on her farm ( I know it can be off topic but I thought it was cute ) :D

I heard on the news too that every time you hit the like button they get information about you so I did my own little test on it and sure enough every time I went on my email the ad's almost all were about the thing I said like to.(td) Just my own test for me but enough to convince me to close my account as well as numerous other reasons.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

1 - Privacy

This is the # 1 issue I had with facebook, I had my settings "set" to privacy and someone from my past who i wanted no part of was able to google my name, there was my facebook link showing myself family and friends. when the person ask to be my friend I ignored them, and they in turn sent messages to my family and friend harrassing them and myself on facebook. I got myself off of facebook quick fast and in a hurry--facebook in my humble opinion is a Snare and a Racket!!!---That experience did me in and caused a lot of problems in my life. So never again!!--to each his own, but for me facebook..:hammer:

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

1 - Privacy

This is the # 1 issue I had with facebook, I had my settings "set" to privacy and someone from my past who i wanted no part of was able to google my name, there was my facebook link showing myself family and friends. when the person ask to be my friend I ignored them, and they in turn sent messages to my family and friend harrassing them and myself on facebook. I got myself off of facebook quick fast and in a hurry--facebook in my humble opinion is a Snare and a Racket!!!---That experience did me in and caused a lot of problems in my life. So never again!!--to each his own, but for me facebook..:hammer:

I had the same experience with someone who wanted to be my friend and I had the settings set to privacy too.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Aaaargh!!! People from the Past :devil2:

My first name is not very common so I do not use it on the internet because I don't want people from my past finding me. On facebook I used a nickname and only friended my family + two friends. It did mean that one of my cousins searched for me but couldn't find me, but I found them. I often talk/chat to my daughter late at night when we can't sleep and we comfort each other. I don't really want or need anymore than that.

I really hate it when technology that is supposed help becomes a burden, that's just not right.

So never again!!--to each his own, but for me facebook..:hammer:

Found another fantastic article on the new Google+

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/06/inside-google-plus-social/

I'm sold. I am such a Google supporter... why did I net get an invitation for the field test? :X

So never again!!--to each his own, but for me facebook..:hammer:

Found another fantastic article on the new Google+

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/06/inside-google-plus-social/

I'm sold. I am such a Google supporter... why did I net get an invitation for the field test? :X

I am too!

I had one of the first Gmail accounts and they invited me to test Google Voice, which I love! I have my business calls set up on my Google Voice number so that I can set it to go right to voice mail "after hours". Friends and family get my regular Verizon number. It's great because you can direct Google voice to ring any phone you want when someone calls your GV number. You can also tailor different voice-mails for different people.

I signed up for it once, and tried to look around but was completely lost.

I am on Facebook, but prefer Buzz better...

https://profiles.google.com/110596016305977191946/buzz

Unfortunately, the masses opt for Facebook.

I really like the picture you have on buzz. It could mean so many things, but I think about Jehovah opening his hand...

Aaaargh!!! People from the Past :devil2:

I really hate it when technology that is supposed help becomes a burden, that's just not right.

yeah as far as i am concerned the past is just that ---the past, On facebook I reconnected with lots of family, a lady contacted me and wanted to be friends and told me she was my sister-we were the same age--yes it turned out she was my half sister.(my dad was a busy man..LOL did not know jehovah, but still no morals) so i would rather the past stay there...I just look forward now to the New World.

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

For the record, I finally got into Google+

https://plus.google.com/110596016305977191946

I am not sure if it is still limited or not. Come follow me if you want.

and you're kissing a fish...oh dear

:lol2:

How did you wrangle an invite? I've been with them from day one and I haven't gotten mine X(

I got an invite from a friend here locally. He managed to squeeze in through a loophole in the Chrome App, he said. I tried it later in the day and it didn't work.

Yesterday, they opened up registrations coming from invitations for about 3 hours, and then shut it down again. We're still considered to be part of the beta testers. I've reported a few bugs already.

Senior Vice President of Google explains it a little more on his page...

https://plus.google.com/107117483540235115863/posts