JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Obama previews 'blunt' tone for his seventh U.N. address. Coalition of nations

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3130 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A brother serving in bethel recounted this experience. He said that one evening during a family study Brother Losch open the forum for questions. One question he got was concerning the identity of the King of The North. He asked

" do you really want to know who the King of The North really Is? " And in excitement the friends answered yes! He said alright I'll tell you who The King of The North is!

"It's the Polar Bear"

The friends laughed of course but he continued and finished by saying "we can not tell you, what we don't know"

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I don't think you can state that with any certainty.  We know a coalition of nations will form and that coalition will be used to attack God's people.  We do not know when that coalition of nations forms nor if it does anything else prior to that attack.  The Bible is silent on that subject.  

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

That coalition of nations may exist now, be formed tomorrow or next year.  The Bible doesn't state it's formed for the intent of attacking God's people.  The same coalition that defeats ISIS may be the same coalition that turns on God's people at a later date.

We don't know.  And it's really irrelevant when that coalition forms.

I agree with this fact that the bible does not say when the coalition is formed but only when it attacks ALL religion...there is no need to create another coalition of nations when they are already in place and attacking one false religion ISIL.

I agree with this fact that the bible does not say when the coalition is formed but only when it attacks ALL religion

The attack on Babylon is carried out by the United Nations, not Gog, so any present-day colation is prophetically irrelevant in regards to the beginning of the GT.

“The Watchtower, July 15, 2015.” Current WT study states the following: “But who will destroy the harlotlike organization? Jehovah God will put “his thought” into the hearts of “the ten horns” of the “scarlet-colored wild beast.” These horns represent all the present political powers that give support to the United Nations, an organization pictured by the “scarlet-colored wild beast.”

. “The Watchtower, July 15, 2015.”

This shows clearly that the UN will work with ALL Political powers this is not going to be the UN alone the nation's will be part of the decision and will support each other...we just studied this article and it was illustrated at our hall.

Also remember that some of the events order is not necessarily 1,2,3 order some of them may happen together or overlap.

That is why it makes perfect sense that the coalition of nations in cooperation with the UN will attack false religion and then us...

This shows clearly that the UN will work with ALL Political powers this is not going to be the UN alone the nation's will be part of the decision and will support each other...we just studied this article and it was illustrated at our hall.

But this event is NOT the attack of Gog, it is an entirely different event that occurs several steps before Gog is finally identified.

The July WT emphasized the sequence of events occuring during the GT. While we are all excited to see how the prophecies unfold, let's not arbitrarily merge or re-order distinct events that the slave says are separate.

The 5th post is where I screenshot the info. It's all there. Enjoy.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Ok that's what I thought. A coalition of nations, both pictures show military. So why would they need to set up another one if there was already one established. It sounds to me that the first coalition which attacks false religion and destroys it doesn't notice us continuing on...and then all of a sudden we are noticed, I'm sure this really makes them mad and so the coalition will attack with others who probably are angry that their religions were done away with already...

Why does that seem to be rearranging order of events?

So why would they need to set up another one if there was already one established.

Why would they need to morph this prophetically irrelevant coalition into something that it was never intended to be and attack Babylon, then morph it once again to attack Jehovah's servants?

Collations have been formed for everything from stopping World War II to bringing down the cost of beans. The word is not found in any Scripture, nor is it some rare event that only happens in connection with prophecy.

The attack we are looking for is on all religions of the world, led by the UN. Let's not get overly distracted by focusing on one individual who is not the UN voicing his desire to attack one fringe group of one religion.

The information from the Bible and the slave is quite clear about what we should and should not expect, beyond that we simply need to wait and see.

Ok, first this is a coalition to go after all religion (in their mind it is all of them even us which they will not be able to Stop us and we continue on) until they take notice of us continuing on and then they attack us...why would this be impossible? i don't want to keep on the subject because it is getting old for me. Just look at the pictures from publications you will see that they are both military actions. Maybe your right, maybe the coalition will be named JW Takedown or something "different".

Ok, first this is a coalition to go after all religion (in their mind it is all of them even us which they will not be able to Stop us and we continue on) until they take notice of us continuing on and then they attack us...why would this be impossible?

I'm not saying that it's impossible, I'm just saying that we should not imply that this particular collation to attack ISIS is the prophesied "Gog of Magog".

From my personal Bible reading on psalm 31, I did some research on verse 5 and came across this older material. It came out about a year after I was baptized.

It's a partial quote. Note paragraphs 22 to 24.

Publications Volumes

w87 12/15 10-15

Hope in Jehovah

"Hope in Jehovah and keep his way, and he will exalt you to take possession of the earth. When the wicked ones are cut off, you will see it."—PSALM 37:34.

A Time for Hope Now

18 Today, as the new year 6014 A.M. (in the Year of the World) carries the human family forward into the future, what hope can be entertained for the human family? That question is now most appropriate because we are nearly 1,900 years into the post-Bible era. It has been a long time since David wrote Psalm 37:34. (question)

19 Jehovah God, the Almighty God who resurrected Jesus from the dead, has a far grander role for him than that conjured up by shortsighted men. By resurrecting and exalting his only-begotten Son to his right hand in the heavens, Jehovah God has added reason for us to look to Him with unfailing hope, our ultimate hope. It can mean our everlasting life in happiness, just as the inspired writer Paul says: "We [are] saved in this hope."—Romans 8:24. (question)

20 The apostle goes on to say: "But hope that is seen is not hope, for when a man sees a thing, does he hope for it? But if we hope for what we do not see, we keep on waiting for it with endurance." (Romans 8:24, 25) And so that original hope still lives on, yes, nears a glorious fulfillment upon the human race. (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:4, 5) For the very reason that it is a hope for all mankind, it deserves to be made known to all. This is the idea of our "God of hope." (question)

21 Now of all times is his time for this idea to be carried out. Even in our era when some nations of the UN have achieved scientific mastery of the very nucleus of all matter, the leaders of these governments do not feel the need to leave the solving of problems to some higher intelligence.—Compare Genesis 11:6. (question)

22 As never before, popular religion is on the defensive, with its back against the wall. Its divisive influence must be done away with. The Bible shows that the ruling elements will assert their superiority and divorce themselves from the parasitical religions that have been trying for so long a time to suck the worldly system of things for all that they can get. It is no surprise, then, that the political element will take this course. Their getting away safely with this attack on religion will indicate, from their point of view, that there is no God who deserves to be worshiped and served. The prophetic indication is that they will then turn against the witnesses of God, who remain. They will look for the easiest of victories over Jehovah's Witnesses as the finale of their anti-God campaign.—Revelation 17:12-17; Ezekiel 38:10-23. (question)

23 However, they will finally get to know the shameful defeat that must come to one who dares to enter into conflict with Jehovah of armies, who has never lost a battle. That will make it unmistakably clear that they have been serving the ends of the chief opponent of the one true God, namely, "the serpent," Satan, "the god of this system of things."—2 Corinthians 4:4. (question)

24 What a humiliation this will mean for them! What they had hoped to demonstrate will prove to be the height of effrontery, provoking the very God of heaven and earth to righteous indignation. To puny mankind he could say: "'For the thoughts of you people are not my thoughts, nor are my ways your ways,' is the utterance of Jehovah. 'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For just as the pouring rain descends, and the snow, from the heavens and does not return to that place, unless it actually saturates the earth and makes it produce and sprout, and seed is actually given to the sower and bread to the eater, so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it.'"—Isaiah 55:8-11. (question)

25 This Creator of man has put into the human heart keen sensitiveness, such as he himself has. "For this is what Jehovah of armies has said, 'Following after the glory he has sent me to the nations that were despoiling you people; for he that is touching you is touching my eyeball.'" (Zechariah 2:8) So, then, Jehovah's Witnesses will have to hope in Jehovah. He will measure up to that hope to the most beauteous embellishment of his universal sovereignty. He will prove beyond all further dispute that he is the most high, almighty, eternal God, who has lived up to the highest hopes of his creatures in all heaven and earth. Hallelujah!—Psalm 150:6.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

w93 11/1  p.22 par.17 says;

The report " out of the sunrising " may well refer to this act of Jehovah, when, in a way that he chooses,he puts it into the hearts of human leaders to annihilate the great religious harlot - Daniel 11:44

w93 11/1 p.22 par.18 says:

But there is another target for the wrath of the king of the north.

So, the king  of the north will have two targets. And if it's confirmed that he will lead the coalition of nations..............

I'm eager to see the new developments