JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Obama previews 'blunt' tone for his seventh U.N. address. Coalition of nations

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3131 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/27/politics/obama-un-general-assembly/index.html

Obama: "It's my seventh year of addressing the general assembly, and I tend to be more blunt," he said at the development event. "Along with the grey hair, I'm becoming more likely to speak my mind. So indulge me when I say we will never achieve our goals unless we confront several insidious threats to the dignity and well-being of people around the world."

"The counter-ISIL campaign is going to be measured in years. But what we do have is a significant coalition of countries that are seized with this threat and that are enhancing their capabilities, and that are joining with us in this effort," Rhodes said, noting that Iraq's Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi would join the session.

I Will tune in to this blunt speech tomorrow.

Edited by User_123

There have been many "coalitions" of nations, the word itself is not prophetically significant at all.

The one coalition that is significant, Gog of Magog, is not formed until after the destruction of Babylon the Great, and is formed primarily to attack Jehovah's servants.

What we are looking for right now is the cry of peace and security, and the attack on Babylon led by the UN. While this speech is interesting in that it could theoretically lead into one or both of these events, let's keep it in its proper context.

But we are waiting Who is the King of the north.

I recon it will be Russia again ... Putin is acting like King of the North even now ..   but who knows ? Speculation ..speculation ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I recon it will be Russia again ... Putin is acting like King of the North even now ..   but who knows ? Speculation ..speculation ...

Time will tell. From Kingdom Rules book and May 2015 study edition.

post-4555-0-18498300-1443426519_thumb.jp

post-4555-0-55601700-1443426538_thumb.jp

post-4555-0-43147800-1443426554_thumb.jp

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

There have been many "coalitions" of nations, the word itself is not prophetically significant at all.

The one coalition that is significant, Gog of Magog, is not formed until after the destruction of Babylon the Great, and is formed primarily to attack Jehovah's servants.

What we are looking for right now is the cry of peace and security, and the attack on Babylon led by the UN. While this speech is interesting in that it could theoretically lead into one or both of these events, let's keep it in its proper context.

Understood. I guess i was hung on all the talk about coalitions thats been going on...

Thought this was interesting too:

Putin taunts Obama for failure to stop Islamic State

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/world/vladimir-putin-taunts-pres-obama-failure-stop-islami-article-1.2376545

And i heard something from one of Trumps speeches yesterday. He said why not let russia take care of isis in syria. Y are we fighting against them....

Understood. I guess i was hung on all the talk about coalitions thats been going on...

Ok the last one for a while....

This is a long speech by Obama to the general assembly on the 24th. It sure does sound like they are talking about forming a coalition to fight "religious eextremism" and bring peace.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/09/24/remarks-president-obama-address-united-nations-general-assembly

Edit: i guess they talk this kinda stuff all the time. Just realized this speech was sept 24 of last year:)

Edited by User_123

The next action of the KON is to join in the attack of Gog, along with the rest of the kings of the earth, which occurs AFTER Babylon is destroyed.

The slave is quite clear that we are waiting for the cry of peace and the destruction of religion by the UN. Let's not get distracted by looking two or three steps ahead while ignoring what's staring us right in the face.

And what about the prophecy in Daniel 11:44 and 45?

*** w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 16 Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes—What They Mean for Us Today ***

In the near future, Jehovah’s apparently vulnerable people will come under attack from the modern-day “Assyrian,” whose intent will be to wipe them out. The Scriptures refer to that attack as well as the attack of ‘Gog of Magog,’ the attack of “the king of the north,” and the attack of “the kings of the earth.” (Ezek. 38:2, 10-13; Dan. 11:40, 44, 45; Rev. 17:14; 19:19) Do these represent separate attacks? Not necessarily. The Bible could be referring to the same attack under different names.

But this Text says, He will devote many to destruction. I don't believe these are jehovahs witnesses. The Daniel book says this means the destruction of babylon.

The archaic definition of the word devote is "Invoke or pronounce a curse upon:" so it does not nessesarily mean actual destruction just an intention to do so.

The next action of the KON is to join in the attack of Gog, along with the rest of the kings of the earth, which occurs AFTER Babylon is destroyed.

The slave is quite clear that we are waiting for the cry of peace and the destruction of religion by the UN. Let's not get distracted by looking two or three steps ahead while ignoring what's staring us right in the face.

Yes absolutely P&S first. But how quickly will the next steps take place. Im not saying i think this is IT. But in any scenario, could all of these things build up at once and fall like dominoes one after the other?

I post a lot of news stories. The theme of my news is stories that could be developments for p&s, fall of btg, etc. I try not to predict that "this is it", bc i would always be wrong. I think i made that mistake b4. I just like to report stuff. It seems like all these stories keep adding up and one day it will really be IT.

I don't think you can state that with any certainty.  We know a coalition of nations will form and that coalition will be used to attack God's people.  We do not know when that coalition of nations forms nor if it does anything else prior to that attack.  The Bible is silent on that subject.  

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

That coalition of nations may exist now, be formed tomorrow or next year.  The Bible doesn't state it's formed for the intent of attacking God's people.  The same coalition that defeats ISIS may be the same coalition that turns on God's people at a later date.

We don't know.  And it's really irrelevant when that coalition forms.

Edited by Shawnster

While this speech is interesting in that it could theoretically lead into one or both of these events, let's keep it in its proper context.

This.  A thousand times this.  Some Witnesses in their eagerness want to jump ahead and think the next act is the final act.  Everything in it's proper time and it's proper order.  Armageddon does not come before the Great Tribulation, the Great Tribulation does not come before the cry of Peace and Security.

This. A thousand times this. Some Witnesses in their eagerness want to jump ahead and think the next act is the final act. Everything in it's proper time and it's proper order. Armageddon does not come before the Great Tribulation, the Great Tribulation does not come before the cry of Peace and Security.

And yet I read the total opposite to you. I don't see anyone jumping ahead but I do see people eagerly watching world events and hoping. That's different to jumping ahead. The minute they say this IS it etc then that's a problem.

I see it as no different to guards sitting in a watchtower discussing what they are seeing among themselves waiting for the officer in charge to confirm it or not.

Edited by Mykyl

And yet I read the total opposite to you. I don't see anyone jumping ahead but I do see people eagerly watching world events and hoping. That's different to jumping ahead. The minute they say this IS it etc then that's a problem.

I see it as no different to guards sitting in a watchtower discussing what they are seeing among themselves waiting for the officer in charge to confirm it or not.

:) keep on the watch. Im watching obama speech now. He sure sounds like he wants the world to cooperate.

Ok so Obama just committed tens of thousands of troops to the United Nations... he said US will join LATER TODAY w 50 other nations to provide troops, infantry, hospitals, etc. And to stamp out ISIS.

TEETH?!!? Im probably jumping ahead again. I Keep forgetting P&S first.

Edited by User_123

anyone catch what Obama said about increasing infantry, etc commitments in UN "peacekeeping"? I missed part of that.

I recognize they have a small group now, but it sounds like Obama is pointing to the UN taking over responsibility for nation building in places like Lybia.

This is one thing Ive been watching for, the empowering and uniting of the UN rather than the group of squabbling states theyve been up till now.

Edited by JSmith

Ok so Obama just committed tens of thousands of troops to the United Nations... he said US will join LATER TODAY w 50 other nations to provide troops, infantry, hospitals, etc. And to stamp out ISIS.

TEETH?!!? Im probably jumping ahead again. I Keep forgetting P&S first.

I thought that was what I heard as well. According to this website :http://www.un.org/en/peacekeeping/resources/statistics/factsheet.shtml

The UN currently has around 106,000 uniformed personnel. An increase of 50k would be significant.

Of course the size of the UN army isnt that big a deal. The nations will have to cooperate with the UN directives to destroy BtG. But this along with rest of what Obama is saying points toward an empowering of the UN which is significant.

It has been mentioned many times in many discussions that it's good to maintain a balance in our expectations so we don't get discouraged. Shawn is just reminding us to keep things in perspective. 

I like to use Jesus illustration of the fig tree, he said that as it is sprouting it's leaves that we would know summer is near. He didn't say that the first leaf would indicate summer. So I agree with you, we are all eagerly watching the leaves sprout but like Shawn and Stavro have said, we need to keep things in perspective and not think that any single leaf on the fig tree indicates that summer has arrived.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/russian-media-abuzz-anticipation-putins-speech-34099496

A state-owned news channel has run a countdown to the opening of the UN General Assembly on its screen all day Monday. Another Russian television channel, Ren-TV, said Monday that Putin is "preparing a speech that will change the world."

Edited by User_123