JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Obama previews 'blunt' tone for his seventh U.N. address. Coalition of nations

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3131 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This. A thousand times this. Some Witnesses in their eagerness want to jump ahead and think the next act is the final act. Everything in it's proper time and it's proper order. Armageddon does not come before the Great Tribulation, the Great Tribulation does not come before the cry of Peace and Security.

When we are in the new world and look back, we are going to be able to identify a sequence of events that led to the end of this system. Even though Babylon the Greats destruction will happen quickly and even those of us watching for it may be surprised how fast it happens, it wont be as though it comes out of the blue.

Everyone is eager to see the outworking of Jehovahs will in this regard so it is natural that we are on the watch for potentially significant events.

We shouldnt be quick to poo poo anyones enthusiasm. We well know the proper sequence of events. We never know though what we will look back on from the new world and say "THAT is when Jehovah hooked the nations and led them to the end".

But this Text says, He will devote many to destruction. I don't believe these are jehovahs witnesses. The Daniel book says this means the destruction of babylon.

The holy mountian of Decoration means God's people. Daniel 11:44“But reports out of the east* and out of the north will disturb him, and he will go out in a great rage to annihilate and to devote many to destruction. 45 And he will plant his royal* tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration;and he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him.

To me, the KOFN will be any group of nations and group of people that goes against God's people will be the KOFTN.

Sister Brenda and Brother Jeromie-thanks for your news postings. I appreciate them.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I don't think you can state that with any certainty.  We know a coalition of nations will form and that coalition will be used to attack God's people.  We do not know when that coalition of nations forms nor if it does anything else prior to that attack.  The Bible is silent on that subject.  

Fair enough, the coalition could be the same as the one formed to attack Babylon. But at the same time, we cannot arbitrarily decide that any particular colation is the fulfilment of Gog when in the only possible connection is the non-Scriptural word "coalition" as once used by the slave.

He admitted using them in his college years. Lol

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

This.  A thousand times this.  Some Witnesses in their eagerness want to jump ahead and think the next act is the final act.  Everything in it's proper time and it's proper order.  Armageddon does not come before the Great Tribulation, the Great Tribulation does not come before the cry of Peace and Security.

I don't see anyone jumping ahead my dear brother

This forum was created for what reason ?

It's all about discussion exchange of opinions , reporting news etc

I personally have not seen even one post that would "qualify" as jumping ahead !

Unless I've missed something

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

In the article "China Surprises U.N. with $100 million and thousands of troops for Peacekeeping"

It makes it sound like it is all about the peacekeeping but toward the end the real purpose comes out:

"China is the biggest investor in South Sudan’s oil fields, where production has slowed because of the fighting."

Are they worried about the people or are they worried about their precious oil and making money?!  lol

In the article "China Surprises U.N. with $100 million and thousands of troops for Peacekeeping"

It makes it sound like it is all about the peacekeeping but toward the end the real purpose comes out:

"China is the biggest investor in South Sudan’s oil fields, where production has slowed because of the fighting."

Are they worried about the people or are they worried about their precious oil and making money?!  lol

Ahh..it's all about money.  I was hoping it was for something more noble, like peace and security... :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

:lol1: right? I BET not! :lol2:

Or as they say where I come from "winner winner chicken diner!"

I got $5 that says I'm right...

any takers???

:tongue:

I already know who king of the North is. Please see Dec 8 93 page 23 first sentence

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Big fuzzy guy?  :D

It's all about the Benjamins. Always. Follow the money.

I expect the fall of BtG to cone down to money, ultimately.

Agreed. I know we have talked about it before but since BTG includes more than just the Catholics, are other religions affluent enough for their fall to be just about the money?