JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

sheet music for original songs

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3081 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We're thinking to try to play the original songs but I have a hard time figuring out what the notes are so I was wondering if anyone knows if the sheet music is available (I couldn't find it on jw.org) or could help me out with the notes or chords. We're thinking to try the song "The Best Life Ever" today and see how much we can get. A brother plays guitar and I play violin.

Also in JW Library app under publications, books, if you don't see near bottom there, go back to publications, see what's new and download.

Android views[10 attachment=11577:Screenshot_2015-10-18-15-26-50-1.jpg]

post-6597-144520733462_thumb.jpg

Thanks Brothers for your help! I can't find the sheet music (lead sheet?) for the original songs on jw.org, just the new Kingdom songs. Which are great and we do want to try to play those. I can play those, actually, because I just play the notes that we sing to. The brother who plays the guitar has a harder time because he doesn't read music or know the chords that well. But he'll figure it out.

With the youtube.video, that shows the chords, which is what the brother plays because he somehow learned it. But I want to play either what the singer sings, or go from there and add to the singer and the guitar. But I think I need the notes written down to be able to do that.

I guess I'll have to listen to the song and figure it out, which is good practice for me.

THanks so much again!

Edited by boodles

Thanks Brothers for your help! I can't find the sheet music (lead sheet?) for the original songs on jw.org, just the new Kingdom songs. Which are great and we do want to try to play those. I can play those, actually, because I just play the notes that we sing to. The brother who plays the guitar has a harder time because he doesn't read music or know the chords that well. But he'll figure it out.

With the youtube.video, that shows the chords, which is what the brother plays because he somehow learned it. But I want to play either what the singer sings, or go from there and add to the singer and the guitar. But I think I need the notes written down to be able to do that.

I guess I'll have to listen to the song and figure it out, which is good practice for me.

THanks so much again!

I'm not musically gifted but I thought the songbook was all lead sheets with chords on top of bar staff, melody in the bar staff, and lyrics below.... post-6597-144530272622_thumb.jpg

What the OP was meaning is not sheet music for the songs in our songbook or the new songs, but sheet music for the songs released in the monthly broadcasts. Unfortunately, the brothers have not posted sheet music for any of these songs. The only original songs that have published sheet music are the occasional songs that come out in the Caleb and Sophia series. But as for the original songs, unfortunately there is no officially published sheet music.

Yes, thanks again Tracey for your help and Jamie for clarifying what I'm looking for. I called them "Original Songs" because that's what they're called on the Broadcast. I guess they are called that because brothers and sisters are writing them but they aren't going to be sung at meetings. I can see how that term could also be applied to the first 135 songs in our book. :)

Thank you, Brother - I did not know that link existed for all songs; I guess b/c I have the songbook and go by that.   From the beginning I always download the sheet music first, even the new songs, to make sure I understand the words so I can try to get the tune and the words correctly.  But, again, thank you.  I will forward that link to a few that will enjoy it.  

Here's simplified 
http://www.jw.org/do...ang=E&isBible=0