JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Hope for Our Imprisoned South Korean Brothers?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3082 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/south-korea/military-service-conscientious-objectors-video/

I just watched this news release on JW.ORG and, I must admit, some of the comments from South

Korea's constitutional judges left me feeling hopeful. :huh: 

Hope to hear a ruling in favor of our brothers' freedom--soon! -_- 

Praying for Jehovah's spirit to be abundantly upon them, whichever way it goes down. :unsure: 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I hope that they will get their freedom too, but I had the privilege to meet a brother from south Korea, and his wife, and litle child during a meeting in the Netherlands.. when speaking with this brother, you could heat that he was very determinate in remaining faithful to Jehovah, whatever he had to endure when they return to South Korea..

He told me that the prisons are very small, and the threatment of the prisoners is not good at all..not to speak about the food you get in those prisons... But the brothers are enduring, and remaining faithful, in those difficult circumstances.I and my wife made pictures after the meeting, with them.. What a lovely brother and sister they are..very humble, but you could see in their eyes that returning to South Korea, would be a challenge for them, and they knew what they will expect there, and I had the strong impression they had prepared themselves very good on a spiritual way...but they said something that touched me: If we remain faithful during trials, we are doing not something new.. we are imitating the brothers from the first century, and those in our recent times ,who stood firm, faithfull, and endured, even if that will be the lost of our lives..

These words remained impressed in my mind, and are a good reminder for me, when I am confronted with other kinds of problems during my life...