JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ok brothers....balding?! How can I cope?

Unfortunately I am adopted so I have no point of reference.

Actually, it may well be FORTUNATE you are adopted - you have the Truth

The Brother I work with started getting a bald spot by the time he was 17. He has been "fringe bald" since his twenties. Never stopped him.

My hair began to thin while I was still in my thirties. In fact, I was starting to get a "bald area" on top. I got tired of the way my hair felt and looked by the time I was in my forties and cut it all off.

I did not shave my head, just cut all the hair to about 1/4 inch all over. I now wear it that way all the time, have ever since I cut it.

Interestingly, after cutting it so short, it quit looking bald and has filled back in on top ..... that has been over 20 years ago and I still have hair :thumbsup:

However, the way I look at it, when it is gone, that is just one less thing I have to bother with.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Yep! Don't fight it. Don't try and hide it.

I was going grey when I was in my late teens. I was going bald in my late 20's. Initially I didn't worry about it. I just kept my hair short and neat. By the time I hit my 40's I began clipping it very short and I keep it that way.

Some people commented when I first did it. Nothing nasty, but plenty of friendly jokes.

Once they get used to seeing you with a shaved head, or if you just keep going bald naturally, comments will stop.

I don't shave my head as I don't like the "sticky" feeling. I clip my hair without any guide on the clippers. So, I've got stubble on my head.

Just remember to wear a hat whenever you are outside. Sunburn on a bald head is not fun.

Think about it this way:

If your eyesight changed and you needed glasses would you worry about how they make you look or get them so you can see?

If your hearing required you to wear a hearing aid would you worry about how they make you look or get them so you can hear?

If you broke your arm and needed a cast, would you worry about how it makes you look or have it put on so your arm would heal?

Hair is no different - when it starts to go (or goes all together), just accept it and move on :thumbsup:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I can think of several very nice looking men who are bald (by choice?)---Captain Picard(from STTNG) and Pitbull to name a couple ....hubba hubba! ..............did I just say that out loud? (Blush)

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

I've tried the powder for thin hair right across the top of my head but, as mentioned, I can't see what I'm doing.

I'm bought an electric wheelchair for Emma that had a seat riser. She tried it and said ”Hey! I can see your bald patch now! So I took it away from her. (Okay I'm not that mean, she wasn't getting on with it.)

I'm normally cold and wearing a hat anyway. But when I'm not I do feel a bit self conscious because I'm lower down.

Is there not anything that properly thickens hair? I tried a shampoo that claimed to but it did nothing.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13