JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Archiving vs Deleting

Yes, it was 'archive' because the text messages that you got answered are still in the thread. If you 'delete', the thread will be gone and the messages will be keeping its 'archive' messages just from the text messages that you got or you send after you done the 'delete'. You can still 'delete' if you want to make that thread gone its like a voluntary action, but the keeping of messages thru 'archive' is like a unvoluntary action of the phone.

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

Pauline, you are talking about the private messenger, aren't you?

If you delete a conversation, it's deleted, at least on your side. The other participant(s) can still see it.

If you archive a conversation, it will be sent to your email. That's useful if you need to delete messages to make room but you don't want to lose them. Once you have received them in your email, you can delete them.

Pauline, I tried archiving my messages a while back and they weren't being sent to my email either. We never figured out what the problem was but it WAS a problem. I gave one of the mod's a different email address and then had no problem with them coming via email! So if you find that they aren't being sent like they should, you might need to get ahold of a mod.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D