JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Michigan Loses Right To Farm

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3018 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Being one who is a gardener and supports my local farmer by buying fruits, eggs, meat and poultry locally, this is a troublesome subject for me. It should be for all of us as 'big money' tries to get even more control of our food supply. All to our detriment. 

http://www.inquisitr.com/1235774/michigan-loses-right-to-farm-this-week-a-farewell-to-backyard-chickens-and-beekeepers/

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

The article you posted is from 2014.

Here is what the Michigan State Government says on the matter  http://www.michigan.gov/mdard/0,4610,7-125-1599_1605---,00.html

• Right to Farm Contact InformationFor more information, contact: Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Right to Farm Program P.O. Box 30017, Lansing, MI 48909 PH: (517) 284-5619, (877) 632-1783
  • Right To Farm FY2014 Annual Report PDF.gif
  • Michigan's Right to Farm Act Frequently Asked Questions - August 28, 2014 PDF.gif
  • Michigan's Right to Farm Program brochure PDF.gif
  • Right To Farm Act 93 of 1981 PDF.gif
  • What are GAAMPs?The Michigan Right to Farm Act, P.A. 93, was enacted in 1981 to provide farmers with nuisance protection. This state law authorizes the Michigan Commission of Agriculture and Rural Development to develop and adopt Generally Accepted Agricultural and Management Practices (GAAMPs) for farms and farm operations in Michigan. These farm management practices are scientifically based and updated annually to utilize current technology promoting sound environmental stewardship on Michigan farms.
  • 2016 Draft GAAMPs

GAAMPs are reviewed annually by committees of various experts, and revised and updated as necessary. The GAAMPs are reviewed and approved by the Michigan Commission of Agriculture and Rural Development each year.  This year, the GAAMPs will be approved at the January 27, 2016 Commission meeting in Lansing.

There are proposed changes in the GAAMPs for: Manure Management and Utilization, Nutrient Utilization and Site Selection and Odor Control for New and Expanding Livestock Facilities.

The GAAMPs regarding the Care of Farm Animals, Cranberry Production, Farm Markets, Irrigation Water Use and Pesticide Utilization and Pest Control have no proposed changes for 2016.

greedy evil people and their schemes.  Jehovah sees it all...  I just pray that Jehovah provides enough resistance to their plans so that we can still have enough health to make it.  I atleast want to be able to afford food that won't poison me and make me sick.