JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Which do you prefer ...a Laptop or a PC ?

I have just got a new laptop...instead of a new PC...it is all bright shiny and new... but I an finding it hard to get use to...I must get a mouse ...I do not like that touch pad ...and I am not sure how to sit with it?

Has anyone any tips how they work with their laptops? and do you prefer them to a stand alone PC ? and why are they so sensitive to touch?...things appear and disappear in seconds...

Sian, a Laptop is also a "PC" (Personal Computer) here in the US we call them "Desktops" and "Laptops" So the poll may be confusing for some.

I was a desktop person for years and hated it when I had to work on laptops with the touch-pads. I always preferred a mouse. But after using a laptop exclusively for about two years now, I find using a mouse the more difficult thing! I now love my touch pad. So I guess it comes down to what you are used to! :)

We have both. Took me awhile to get use to not having a mouse as well. I'm use to it now' date=' so I prefer a laptop.[/quote'] I have a laptop and a mouse.

46790=2232-Friends in my computer.jpg

46790=2233-Mouse-mouse.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Christopher

that's a point ...I been looking through the blurb on it ...and it says its a netbook...but it looks like a laptop...is there a difference? ...and that's true about peripherals...

Musky

"PC" (Personal Computer) here in the US we call them "Desktops" ...yes Musky they called desktops over here as well...I forgot...I just usually say "my computer"....."old Betsy" ( no...I made the last bit up.)

Christopher

that's a point ...I been looking through the blurb on it ...and it says its a netbook...but it looks like a laptop...is there a difference? ...and that's true about peripherals...

A netbook is just an Ultra portable Laptop. It averages about a 10" screen. The one drawback to Netbooks is that there usually isn't a CD Rom drive, programs have to be installed with a flash memory stick or downloaded from the Net.

I have both a laptop with a mouse and a desktop. I have several periphals hooked to my desktop. I use my laptop with or without the mouse. I like to take my laptop to my chair and I have a printer nearby that I plugin if I need printing. I also like to take my laptop when we travel so I like them all:)

I have both a laptop with a mouse and a desktop. I have several periphals hooked to my desktop. I use my laptop with or without the mouse. I like to take my laptop to my chair and I have a printer nearby that I plugin if I need printing. I also like to take my laptop when we travel so I like them all:)

If you have your printer plugged into your desktop and if you have a wireless router so your laptop can connect to the Internet from anywhere in the house, you can easily set it up to print wirelessly also. That's what we do. We can print to our office printer from our laptops in the living room. It is very convenient!

Well, when I look at MY desktop computer that i've built, there is no laptop that could do better lol. I use my desktop almost like a server, it's speed and versatility is nothing of 'laptop' nature lol Not to mention it has to be liquid cooled. I use to work on the computer and needed a whole lot of power, but not anymore so now I have a wayyy overpowered desktop on my hands but it exceeds my expectations. Now for people who NEED extreme power for very specific reasons or for professional reasons then I'd recommend a desktop. For just about everybody else though? I'd say a laptop. I use a laptop now and my desktop is not used much anymore. My lappy is very portable and it gets the everyday tasks done fast and easy. Like I said before my desktop is not used much anymore because I have no reason for the power :P