JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Don't Watch this after ...

Have you tried using it? - aaah is that what she is saying before she eats? What does it mean? (masu here is Fijian for thanks - so guessing it's similar?)

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

28 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Have you tried using it? - aaah is that what she is saying before she eats? What does it mean? (masu here is Fijian for thanks - so guessing it's similar?)

I haven't tried it, but I heard it's a neat little device.  And itadakimasu is Japanese for "thanks for the meal"

~Van

7 minutes ago, Tcvancoops said:

I haven't tried it, but I heard it's a neat little device.  And itadakimasu is Japanese for "thanks for the meal"

Thread drift--

Van, there's a young Sister in our Hall, Zuri is her name, and she is one of the smartest kids I have ever known. Her parents are doing an amazing job, she makes some awesome well thought out comments and it is a real joy conversing with her...

My point --she is learning Japanese.  On her own.

I know a few words, and can count to 5, she pretty much schooled me last meeting when I asked how she was doing.

This new word, itadakimasu, is more fodder for the game...Thanks! 

Mandi, back to you -:ph34r:

Pretty cool device!  Would be nice for assemblies - you could easily cook breakfast in your hotel room without a hot plate.  Cooks eggs just the way I like them too!

I kept on watching a few more of her video's - I would love to see if the spagettio/vienna sausage jello mold would ever get eaten at a congregation get-together!  So gross!

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D