JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Two men arguing over religion

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2882 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Intriguing that "an exchange of words" is reported as an argument. It is unlikely that a brother engaged in an argument.   And the police sat it is NOT an incident of religious persecution.  So saddened.

Edited by kejedo

I look forward for more information on this -- yesterday, just before reading this, I talked about 2 Kings 1:11-15 at service meeting and concluded that lack of tact and humility when speaking meant losing lives for some people

(I'm not implying the brother could have a guilt in this, it can happen to anyone of us, but maybe we could learn something from this)

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

12 hours ago, Adelin said:

I look forward for more information on this -- yesterday, just before reading this, I talked about 2 Kings 1:11-15 at service meeting and concluded that lack of tact and humility when speaking meant losing lives for some people

(I'm not implying the brother could have a guilt in this, it can happen to anyone of us, but maybe we could learn something from this)

Then again, lack of tact should never cost a life just because somebody thinks he is born with a birthright that makes him better than all other people and whose belief gives him a clear conscience when murdering a person.

You never know what words might infuriate a radical muslim to spontaneously decide to commit murder . It's best to leave them be at the very first sign of resistance or debate and let them continue to dwell in their mad world with their vicious false god. Jehovah knows which ones he's seeking, unfortunately, those tend to have an equally hard time breaking out of their past belief system due to the very same radical muslims keeping watch over them.

Anything else is pearls before the swine.

If they are going to object to our message, it doesn't matter what you say or even how you say it.  All of us have been in this situation before at the door or other witnessing format.  Taking our leave is always the best way to handle it. But in this situation we just don't know the particulars. The brother didn't get a chance to get away before things spiralled maybe.  Was he waiting perhaps for some sisters to finish a house before moving on? Was he just doing some street witnessing on the way home etc. We don't know, but we know he died faithful and Jehovah saw this vicious murder of his servant and will repay.

• 2 weeks later...