JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Digital Media Sound Player

I have a problem. Our congregation uses the Digital Media Sound Player to play the music that our congregation  sings to at our meetings.

http://www.invanta.com

Since they released some more orchestral recordings a few days ago, I have been having problems getting the player to play some of the songs I download to the SD card that goes in the player. The first time I downloaded the songs, they songs that wouldn't play were the 37 newly orchestra  songs. All others would play. A day or two later I downloaded the songs again and now ALL of the orchestra songs wouldn't play, only the remaining piano ones would. 

I was wondering if if anyone else who uses the Digital Media Sound Player is having similar problems and if they know what IF ANYTHING I'm doing wrong.

Thanks, Mike

Keep in mind that, for the singing, all the files NEED to be in a specific "folder/directory" on the SD Card - and, they have to be in the correct order. If you have any addition files in that folder, the player will NOT work correctly. If the files are not named correctly, they will not work.

There are some other folders that can contain addition songs and are used for "random music" played at other times. The folder for singing is specific.

I do not remember exactly which folder is used for what since I do not use one of these devices at our Hall. However, I have installed many of them in Halls and had to deal with the folder issue.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...

I called Ivanta (who is the seller of the Digital Media Player) and told him the problem I was having getting the player to play the orchestra songs I had recently downloaded to the SD card that is used in the player. He said the there are now some files in the download that the player doesn't recognize and so that's why they won't play. So, for those who are also having this problem, he suggested that, until the problem is resolved, to use a tablet and play the music from JW Library. Just unplug the headphone jack from the back of the player and plug it into a tablet and then play the music from the tablet.

11 minutes ago, mserskine said:

I called Ivanta (who is the seller of the Digital Media Player) and told him the problem I was having getting the player to play the orchestra songs I had recently downloaded to the SD card that is used in the player. He said the there are now some files in the download that the player doesn't recognize and so that's why they won't play. So, for those who are also having this problem, he suggested that, until the problem is resolved, to use a tablet and play the music from JW Library. Just unplug the headphone jack from the back of the player and plug it into a tablet and then play the music from the tablet.

I did that several months ago after our COBE attempted to update the media player. I used my phone.

Since all of the songs and videos are on JWL I wonder if we will eventually use that for the meetings..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

12 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I did that several months ago after our COBE attempted to update the media player. I used my phone.

Since all of the songs and videos are on JWL I wonder if we will eventually use that for the meetings..

I know there are some who have a computer and play the music directly from JW.org. There are others who burn the music to a CD and play with a CD player. The easiest way I think is thru JW Library. In the media portion of the meeting section the songs for the meeting are all right there.

Edited by mserskine

31 minutes ago, mserskine said:

I know there are some who have a computer and play the music directly from JW.org. There are others who burn the music to a CD and play with a CD player. The easiest way I think is thru JW Library. In the media portion of the meeting section the songs for the meeting are all right there.

Since JWL is in each platform (Android, Apple, Windows) and has the media files, it seems logical that we may use it at the meetings, although I do like preprograming the songs on the media player, it makes it fast and easy.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I ran the sound console tonight and used JW Library to play the songs instead of the Digital Media Player. I really liked playing the songs that way rather than the player. I did it because the middle sons was a newly orchestrated song. I thought the sound was a lot better than the player. I hope they do it this way from now on.